Author Topic: I thought this disclaimer was interesting.....  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Pappymn

I thought this disclaimer was interesting.....
« Reply #-1 on: June 27, 2017, 06:27:40 PM »
This sticker was in the hopper of a new Traeger. This really seems pretty extreme to me. Sorry it is upside down :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline KJRsmoker

Re: I thought this disclaimer was interesting.....
« on: June 27, 2017, 07:00:55 PM »
I noticed the same sticker on the Traeger grills at Costco.  That is a rather harsh stipulation to put on a pellet grill. 
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »
First.....
Their disclaimer has no leagal merit. In fact more than once the Suprem Court has held that no manufacturer can use such dra onian threats as Traeger has done. These cases were foisted on the court because car manufacturers tried similar shenanigans.

Second.....
Traegers pellets use "flavor oils"  rather than the actual wood of the flavor you want. Just my opinion here....but I do not want a "flavor oil" on my food fooling me i to thinking that I am smelling REAL peach...cherry...oak....hickory...or any other NATURAL wod.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 07:26:24 PM »
..............and Traeger pellets are alder based which is a softer wood. You will not get good performance at higher heat settings. You will have higher consumption and more ash to contend with.............

I know Traeger started it all, but with their poor quality made overseas offerings and this blatant attempt to get the new pellet consumer to "only use our pellets", they ought to get out of the pellet game, they are a embarrassment...................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 07:32:57 PM »
I agree with what has been said above ... It's total BS!! Here is the Law and what it says ...

The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is a United States federal law, (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Enacted in 1975, it is the federal statute that governs warranties on consumer products.

Referring to the Federal Magnuson-Moss Act; Section regarding tie-in's..... Quoting,

"Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty." This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions.

My old eyeballs don't focus like they used to Pappy so I turned the photo right side up   :D  8)

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 07:37:57 PM »
Second.....
Traegers pellets use "flavor oils"  rather than the actual wood of the flavor you want. Just my opinion here....but I do not want a "flavor oil" on my food fooling me i to thinking that I am smelling REAL peach...cherry...oak....hickory...or any other NATURAL wod.

If I wasn't on this forum and didn't get all this great information, I probably would have bought some Traeger pellets in one of my Costco shopping excursions.  Thank you to all who share your knowledge with the masses to keep us well informed.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 07:49:12 PM »
I agree with everything everyone as said. Maybe the problem is that no one has told the Chinese manufacturer that the tag was illegal. Like they really care anyway! ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
The label should have said performance will be hurt if you don't use our pellets.  Just shows their ignorance.    I use to use their pellets but will not anymore 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline DWard51

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »
I was just going to post the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, but I see Pete beat me to it.  Only takes one complaint to the FTC with that photo and they are in deep do-do.....

Offline stalag

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 11:30:12 PM »
I agree with what has been said above ... It's total BS!! Here is the Law and what it says ...

The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is a United States federal law, (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Enacted in 1975, it is the federal statute that governs warranties on consumer products.

Referring to the Federal Magnuson-Moss Act; Section regarding tie-in's..... Quoting,

"Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty." This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions.

My old eyeballs don't focus like they used to Pappy so I turned the photo right side up   :D  8)

If they do require their pellets to be used, they have to supply them for free at their expense.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 10:44:46 AM »
If they do require their pellets to be used, they have to supply them for free at their expense.

Personally I still wouldn't use their pellets ...
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG