Author Topic: Butcher Paper instead fo Foil Wrap?  (Read 19550 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Butcher Paper instead fo Foil Wrap?
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 04:10:03 PM »
People's opinions are not "horses"...dead or alive. When we feel that they become "dead horses" that intimates that we feel our opinion is the only one that counts. LTBBQ will never operate that way folks........ ;)

All opinions are valid - as long as they are expressed in a respectful manner. Whether I - or you agree with the opinions is not the important thing.

That we protect the individual's freedoms to express said opinion - and they continue to feel comfortable in sharing their experiences - and the accompanying opinion derived therefrom....THAT is the value here. THAT is what we will always foster here.

Now get back to cooking something.... :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 09:52:16 PM »
PLEASE don't be offended with me.

The "dead horse" I referred to was the 5 pages long thread about foil...I Really thought it was settled.

We still have an idea on the table about using paper and / or foil.

I cooked ribs Monday in the Assassin, wrapping them in pink butcher paper after almost 2 1/2 hours.  I let 'em go another 2 hours before I unwrapped the ribs but left 'em on the paper.  They were absolutely the best ribs I've ever done...the taste, texture, color, etc better than ever.

I don't know how much of it was from the Assassin and how much was the paper and technique.  They were just GOOD.

<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 10:30:18 PM »
I don't think anyone is offended Jack! And glad to hear your ribs came out great - I will try the butcher paper wrap myself....I know it works well for briskets, but have not used it on ribs. Hope you have a  video on that....I know it is extra work to do those but they are very worthwhile for lots of folks.

This Part: The "dead horse" I referred to was the 5 pages long thread about foil...I Really thought it was settled.

I think the great news is...it just shows that folks are thinking, and experimenting, and forming their own opinions from their experiences, coupled with discussions like this one. It really is a positive.
Just like which kind of underwear...which side to part their hair on...and whether it's Ford or Chevy....everybody is going to develop preferences ;D. Doesn't mean mine are right for anyone else...or vice-versa...but It is interesting to see what others like and choose. And - it certainly makes me aware of the variety of ways to accomplish a task.
I think as I accumulate more birthdays - there is a tendency  to "narrow down" on my viewpoint about a lot of things. But, I do truly believe that is not a healthy perspective for myself. I hope I can keep working on broadening my own knowledge thru folks like you and every other person that I am flatly blessed to exchange ideas with. To continue to learn until I draw my last breath in this earth bound vessel I occupy ;).
For me it is this: A mind - just like a parachute...works best when OPEN. :) It is harder to live up to that funny, and slightly cynical old axiom....but - I think it worthwhile. Keeps it all interesting to me. ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 10:35:35 PM »

I found some of the Pink Butcher paper at Amazon, a 28 inch roll X 150 feet. You don’t want to use the newer white paper, it is lined with a coating and will not breath like the old Pink butcher paper; some call it red. I just did some baby back ribs and used it to wrap for 2 hours on my smoker. It worked great and I will continue to use it for any wrapping meat to cook.

Smokin Don
To me Don's post was to point out that he found pink butcher paper on amazon. 
Becasue of his post I order a roll on Amazon Prime and received it yesterday.
Thanks so much for the post. :)
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Sandman

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 08:36:43 AM »
How were the ribs Don? I wanted to ask you how they turned out.