Author Topic: Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Pizza, Burgers, and green beans - Christmas Eve  (Read 1106 times)

Offline viscera912

Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Pizza, Burgers, and green beans - Christmas Eve
« Reply #-1 on: December 24, 2015, 11:27:43 PM »
Merry Christmas to ya'll!! 

My father in law and I made Jamaican Jerk Chicken drummies (dry rub recipe by Cheech from smokingmeatforums) .  drummies sat in the rub for approx 2.5 hours before cook.  used pecan chunk, both rebar out, heaping basket KB, lit using lighter fluid, waited approx 25 min, temps were 380's, turned chicken after 12 min, cracked lid at 15 min of cook, pulled it at 170 deg, total cook time of chicken 24 min.  turned out absolutely perfect, moist, and this rub was perfect!! 

the original plan was to make pizza as the first cook but my father in law wanted some chicken to munch on haha.  we let the coals get up as high as it could again. used boboli pre made thin crust found at walmart and placed it over a very light sprinkle of flour on the emile henry pizza stone (same one they use on pbc video).  let it cook with lid cracked entire time for 20 min, brought it in and put on classico roasted tomato pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, left over jerk chicken pieces, black olives, onions, and mushrooms. while we were putting sauce and toppings we had another pizza dough going in pbc.  once that was done at 20 min , we placed the first pizza to finish cooking.  that pizza took approx 30 min for that cook and we repeated the same for the second pizza.  pbc temps for first pizza pre bake was approx 360-370 and 335-345 for the cook of the toppings.  the lid was cracked entire time.  pbc temps for second pizza pre bake was around 350-360 and 305-312 for toppings.  we were hungry for the second pizza so after 30 min we pulled it and threw it in oven at 450 for approx 8 min.  due to lower pbc temps the second pizza wasn't done after 30 min as the toppings didn't look cooked so we decided to finish it off in the oven.  the first pizza crust was nice and crispy i wouldn't have wanted it more.  i think next time if we use the same pizza dough i'll pre bake it for about 12-15 min.  it all depends how crispy you like your crust. 

this evening for burgers, used 80/20 ground beef and a burger recipe I found online that used bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, onions, salt/pepper, and dijon mustard.  while it was sitting in a tray i decided to lightly sprinkle it with pbc beef rub.  burgers sat approx 2 hours in seasoning before cooking.  full basket kb, lit using lt fluid, waited approx 20 min, dropped 4 handfuls mesquite chips, closed lid for 1 min, then cracked for 6 more minutes and turned burgers, temp was around 381.  lid still cracked, waited 6 min then pulled burgers, temp was 405 to 413.  i didn't check meat temp but I'd say they were well done.  after burgers were pulled i threw buns that were brushed with some butter and did 1 min one side and 1 min another side.  burgers were extremely moist and tasty.  this was the first time ive made my own burgers.  my dumb self thought i had made big enough patties but they were rather small when done cooking, you can laugh at me as I was laughing once I pulled them off grate!!!  for those who want medium burgers i would suggest 5-6 min like noah mentioned in video.  my mother i law won't eat it if there is pink so we had to do well done. 

there was so much coal left we decided to do some veggies so i coated some green beans with olive oil and dusted with pbc chicken/all purpose rub, placed them on cedar plank (unsoaked).  also, my wife wanted some hash browns for christmas breakfast so I rubbed olive oil on some yellow potatoes and used the pbc chicken/all purpose rub all over, poked holes, and just threw them on grate without foil.  we pulled the grean beans after 23 min and the potatoes after 45 min.  temps were 343-355 during vege cook and lid was on for entire veggie cook.  it was my first time doing veggies and will definitely do it again the beans were quite tasty and interestingly enough, crunchy.  we saw them and thought man they are going to be soggy but it was very good.  the potatoes were fantastic and cooked wonderfully, we actually ate a couple potatoes as they were just perfect with the pbc rub.  we were quite impressed with the pbc and its cook of the potatoes/beans.  i didn't get pics of the potatoes as we were a little hungry :)

anyway, sorry for the long post but I really wanted to try some new stuff on pbc and they all came out excellent.  the entire family was quite happy with the outcome and we are all full now!!!

Jason

Offline sparky

• northern california
Looks really good to me.  Plate me partner.  Milk on side.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Pizza, Burgers, and green beans - Christmas Eve
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 06:17:01 AM »
Looking real good..got a recipe for that jerk that you will share..pulllease..it's christmas...guilt trip here...lol  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:57:40 AM »
Everything looks great!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 08:34:26 AM »
That's some good looking eats!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 12:08:22 PM »
Great looking food!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »
Looking real good..got a recipe for that jerk that you will share..pulllease..it's christmas...guilt trip here...lol  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

x2
me 2 without the guilt trip  ;)
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber