Author Topic: Multiple briskets  (Read 1193 times)

Offline albertabbqguy

Multiple briskets
« Reply #-1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:14:18 PM »
So I am curious if anyone on here has done multiple briskets at one time on their pbc...  I ask because this spring summer I really want to use my pbc and last time I did only one brisket it was almost not enough...  People were full and nothing was left after only 6 people ate

Offline kenafein

Re: Multiple briskets
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »
The PBC moderator over at Amazingribs cooks up to 5 briskets in his PBC.  After the hang, he puts two side by side then adds another grate on top of them and stacks two more on top of that.  I wouldn't have believed it, but he showed me pics.  I believe he finishes the 5th in his oven.  I think two briskets must be very manageable.  I keep wanting to try a shoulder clod in the PBC though, those are so big that you'd likely only need 1. 
Pit Barrel Cooker
Traeger Jr (w/ mods)
Weber OTG
Blackstone Pizza Oven
TEC Cherokee FR
Weber Genesis Silver(from the dawn of gas grilling)
Wish List: RecTec, To finish a UDS, Slow N Sear, GrillGrates

Offline amshepar

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:53:13 AM »
How big was the brisket you cooked?  a 10lb brisket before trimming and cooking is probably right for 6 people.  a 14lb brisket would have given you plenty of leftovers.

You can easily do 2 briskets.  You probably won't lose much by way of cooking time, maybe an additional 30 minutes to an hour will be required, and no additional coals..  The more meat in there absorbing heat causes everything to slow from a cooking standpoint. 

My 13 lb wagyu brisket (see my separate post) had a large amount of fat trimmed before I put it in the PBC, at least a 1lb was trimmed.  I fed 8 people (although 4 were women who don't eat as much) but had probably 25% of the brisket as leftovers.

Offline albertabbqguy

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:43:12 PM »
Thanks for the input I had a feeling 2 would be a good  start