Author Topic: On the fence  (Read 5373 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: On the fence
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
As you will come to expect on this site...I will always have an obscure observation, or opinion. Likely it will not ever be the popular one...but - variety is what we all seek in this world, right? ;D

So - here is something I would like for you to do: Consider what kind of flavor you prefer. Charcoal cooked foods - vs - wood pellet cooked foods. They have a distinctly different type of favor. Some prefer one or the other. Only you can decide what you like.

And - there is the approach that most of us inevitably take" "But, I like them both!"  :D. Great! Now - you win both ways. Or - either way really, because there is not a bad choice. Only one that you prefer....for now. ;) Having both - not necessarily buying both now, but having both a PBC and a pellet grill - will give you a nice rounding out of tools.

Until the next craving comes along......welcome to your best addiction ever! One that feeds you better and better as you learn! :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »
.but - variety is what we all seek in this world, right? ;D Until the next craving comes along

I said that to my wife when I was going out for the night & got slapped.

Ok I am simple Gas Charcoal do it all for me
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 04:31:51 PM »
As you will come to expect on this site...I will always have an obscure observation, or opinion. Likely it will not ever be the popular one...but - variety is what we all seek in this world, right? ;D

So - here is something I would like for you to do: Consider what kind of flavor you prefer. Charcoal cooked foods - vs - wood pellet cooked foods. They have a distinctly different type of favor. Some prefer one or the other. Only you can decide what you like.

And - there is the approach that most of us inevitably take" "But, I like them both!"  :D. Great! Now - you win both ways. Or - either way really, because there is not a bad choice. Only one that you prefer....for now. ;) Having both - not necessarily buying both now, but having both a PBC and a pellet grill - will give you a nice rounding out of tools.

Until the next craving comes along......welcome to your best addiction ever! One that feeds you better and better as you learn! :D :D :D

Obscured by Clouds
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Craftylefty

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »
i can pure enjoyment out of using both, so if you can my suggestion is to get both!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 09:42:33 AM »

Obscured by Clouds

You must be thinking of Sparky....I don't smoke that stuff....:D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »

Obscured by Clouds

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Trunks817

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 01:40:49 AM »
Thank you everybody! Bought the PBC with the cover and ash tray and it should be arriving Monday. Thanks again and hopefully my first cook next week will be a good one!

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 06:04:39 AM »
Looking forward to seeing it! Make sure you have a hot bed of coals and you'll be fine!
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2016, 10:34:11 AM »
If you ever have any questions feel free to give us a call!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »

Obscured by Clouds

I should have guessed you would get it David !
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline PapaBob

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 06:43:47 AM »
I've had my PBC for over a year and have used it at least 100 times.  Never a bad cook whether it's steaks, chicken, turkey, ribs, prime rib, pork but, salmon, pizza or cookies.  Just follow the videos and you are in for a social treat.  My favorite thing about the PBC is I can put a couple of chickens on it and go tap a nap for two hours.  I don't have to babysit it and they still come out great.  Hope you get the PBC.  You won't be disappointed!  Happy vertical cooking!

Offline SNIPERFX

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 10:53:18 AM »
I use the PBC in competitions.  Save some cash and get one.  They are fantastic smokers and you will get enough smoke flavor from very little wood chips.  In competition, I only use one large handful at the beginning of the cook, and have zero issues with smoke flavor.  Get one, you will not be sorry, I promise!!!!
DEFCON 4!