Author Topic: Frozen food ?  (Read 3201 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Frozen food ?
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »
I only buy meat on sale,then into freezer.I then 'shop' out of freezer.So yes,frozen is just fine IMO.

Last thing I bought was a primal cut of chuck,over 20 lbs,cut it up,man alive thats tender.Got at restaurant depot using a kcbs membership to get in to their store.
That's a big chuckie!    Wish I had a restaurant depot here  :(
Yes,the steaks have been great.Have 2 roasts we havent tried yet,almost hated to make roasts the steaks were so good,but what the hey,that should be some dynamite roasts.Wound up with about 4 lbs or so hamburger,and the little bit of waste fed to dogs as I was cutting,thats an efficient hunk of meat.Then into freezer in ziplock bags.

We did some steaks as roast last night,then sliced up and pulled sort of on rolls and au jus,just super.Melt in your mouth tender.3.55/lb,well worth it.

RESTAURANT DEPOT is my newest bestest friend,yes,we sure were lucky having them available,its just down the hill from us in Colton.Way OT,but their 3 pack of leaf lettuce will stay crisp in unheated front room that has freezers,will last a good 2 weeks.Have no idea why their lettuce stores so well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:35:58 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 10:14:02 AM »
I have a restaurant depot connection. That place is nice but it hurts my wallet
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 11:36:05 AM »
I have a restaurant depot connection. That place is nice but it hurts my wallet
LOL,Ive learned to pace myself  :)
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.