Author Topic: Some of my past PBC cooks...  (Read 4122 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Some of my past PBC cooks...
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
Food looks great!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »
It all looks great!  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »
Fellow Greek sorta here (50% Greek, 50% Italian, what can I say I eat well) Can we get some Lamb details please?! Do you cook it on the rack or did you hang it?
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline NickyDeuce

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
Fellow Greek sorta here (50% Greek, 50% Italian, what can I say I eat well) Can we get some Lamb details please?! Do you cook it on the rack or did you hang it?

Pretty simple really...  Coated with olive oil, rubbed with rosemary, thyme, Greek oregano, salt and pepper.  Made 7 or 8 incisions in the meat and inserted whole garlic cloves.  I did hang it.  I also made a "basting juice" out of melted butter, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Greek oregano, salt and pepper.  Basted every 15-25 minutes.  Cooked to 150 which took right around 2.5 hours.

I was used to setting up a kettle wioth hot coals on both sides and a drip pan in the middle, then putting the lamb over the drip pan and using the drippings for the baste.  Thats why I went ahead and just made the basting liquid with the same herbs and spices that i rubbed with...  (plus butter, because why not butter...)  Think I let it rest for about 25 minutes and then sliced it.  It got rave reviews, even from my wife who isnt the biggest lam fan.
Weber Kettle 22"

Pit Barrel Cooker

"Southern barbecue is the closest thing we have in the U.S. to Europe's wines or cheeses; drive a hundred miles and the barbecue changes." - John Shelton Reed

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 07:13:31 PM »
Nicky looks like you got that PBC dialed in brother.
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 07:15:06 PM »
Everything looks excellent!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 07:35:19 AM »

Pretty simple really...  Coated with olive oil, rubbed with rosemary, thyme, Greek oregano, salt and pepper.  Made 7 or 8 incisions in the meat and inserted whole garlic cloves.  I did hang it.  I also made a "basting juice" out of melted butter, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Greek oregano, salt and pepper.  Basted every 15-25 minutes.  Cooked to 150 which took right around 2.5 hours.

I was used to setting up a kettle wioth hot coals on both sides and a drip pan in the middle, then putting the lamb over the drip pan and using the drippings for the baste.  Thats why I went ahead and just made the basting liquid with the same herbs and spices that i rubbed with...  (plus butter, because why not butter...)  Think I let it rest for about 25 minutes and then sliced it.  It got rave reviews, even from my wife who isnt the biggest lam fan.

Sounds great thank you. Easter is coming up, I'm going to have to give this a shot.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
Lamb and kabobs were my favs.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline NickyDeuce

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 10:20:16 AM »
Lamb and kabobs were my favs.

The Kabobs are easy as can be and man are they delicious.  Any Korean marinade will do...  Basically soy sauce, sugar, a small bit of ginger, garlic and green onions.  Maybe a little sesame oil if you like a kind of nutty taste.  Marinade over night at least for max flavor then add what ever vegetables.  I think i used zucchini and red onion.    Great for beef or chicken. 

I actually did some Korean short ribs with a very similar recipe that were absolutely fantastic.  Even my nephew loved them and that kid doesn't eat s***...  Ill try to post a picture of them here in a few minutes.
Weber Kettle 22"

Pit Barrel Cooker

"Southern barbecue is the closest thing we have in the U.S. to Europe's wines or cheeses; drive a hundred miles and the barbecue changes." - John Shelton Reed

Offline viscera912

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 10:57:07 PM »
nice job nicky!!! lamb looks great, keep posting!!!