Author Topic: First Shot at Wings  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Kona

Re: First Shot at Wings
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »
What was your process for the hot wings ?

They look fantastic

The recipe called for putting seasoning salt on the wings which was the only rub on them. I lit my PBC with the lid off for about 20 mins, put the lid back on for 15 to settle the temp and get the coals white hot and threw them on. At about 20 mins I pulled them, sauced them in a bowl and returned them to the cooker for another 10-15 till I got the texture I like on the wings. After I pulled them again, I resauced them and the rest is history :)
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 05:57:06 PM »
The wings look excellent and the process sounds just right - thank you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline rickmort

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »
The wings look excellent and the process sounds just right - thank you!
+1

Offline Kona

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 09:03:15 PM »
I'll be doing another round of wings on Sunday but I'm looking to do maybe 3 different kinds...definitely the one I posted here and a couple more. The hard part is deciding on what other two flavors lol. I'm looking at a "chili beer" wing recipe and I may do the "garlic sriracha" ones which I have done before and are outstanding. I may swap one of those out for one other recipe which has a spiced butter sauce on some smokey slightly charred wings.
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC