Author Topic: KARUBECUE has landed  (Read 174600 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: KARUBECUE has landed
« Reply #509 on: September 03, 2016, 08:10:43 AM »
Hmmmmm.....  There is a used one offered on Amazon for $800.00 plus $59.49 shipping from CA.  Offer says it is unused, but amazon policies prevent it from being sold "new". Seller profile looks, well a little sketchy, as there is not much info.  But it is through amazon, so is it protected like their other "related seller" offers?   Sure is tempting, but that seller profile and listing info are suspect.

Edit.... OK, I sent the retailer a question via the Amazon system.  I may have to pull the trigger if the response is good, but my "old guy spider sense" is telling me this is another one of the pop-up scam sellers.  Like I said, this thread is going to get me into trouble....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200783670

Unless I am mistaken ( happens everyday... :D ) YOU are only protected if it is a product that qualifies for Amazon Prime...This one does not. So.....Be careful out there on the www inter-webs....

I'm guessing you didn't actually read the info on the page I provided a link to.

To wit:

About A-to-z Guarantee

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments; that's why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

I read it. So - have you ordered it? Let us know when you get it. We need more KBQ smokers around here. They turn out some great food!

And - About this ...

I'm guessing you didn't actually read the info on the page I provided a link to.

To wit:

Careful with the tone. We are all friends here - or at least that it is my intent for this site. Use of smileys/emoticons will help others know there is no "attitude" in your posts.......

No tone intended. "To wit" is just another way of saying "specifically" (http://grammarist.com/usage/to-wit/). I used that to highlight the specific /relevant paragraph of text on the linked Amazon page which clearly states that the A-Z guarantee was not an Amazon Prime specific benefit.

Your response clearly shows that you do not take what I said to you in the prior post - as important. I do not require - nor can I benefit from any lessons from you in English, or the syntax and usage thereof. That you bothered to "educate me" about the definition and proper usage of "to wit" while ignoring my warning to you about tone and attitude illustrates your choice to be a smart ass. You can do that - just not here. Buh-bye....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline DWard51

« Reply #510 on: September 03, 2016, 12:33:04 PM »
No, I did not order it (yet).  I sent the seller a question via the amazon site and strangely enough I got this response from Amazon.  This only adds to my suspicion this may be a pop-up fraud seller, but I will wait until I hear back from him.

Your e-mail(s) to ~    iBuy        Discount  ~ (ffk77hz4bd2yptt@marketplace.amazon.com) cannot be delivered because there was a problem with the recipient's email system. The recipient can still view the message in their message center on Amazon.com, but they will not receive it by e-mail. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Also it appears the domain "ibuy.discount" has been registered in Germany, but the site has nothing uploaded.  So why is a CA company (per amazon profile) using a German ISP?  Another red flag for me is looking at the other items they have for sale.  All their items are at about 50% of retail and all higher end and desirable. I'm 95% sure this is a pop-up fraud site.  Yes Amazon's policy will cover it, but why go through 30-60 days of trying to get my money back if I don't have to in the first place.  Also the KBQ warranty is for the original purchaser so it appears that will not transfer on a used, but unused (like new) item.

I'm still waiting, but I have my doubts this will pan out.

My gut feeling is run, and run quickly away from this deal..... (sigh)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #511 on: September 03, 2016, 01:11:51 PM »
No, I did not order it (yet).  I sent the seller a question via the amazon site and strangely enough I got this response from Amazon.  This only adds to my suspicion this may be a pop-up fraud seller, but I will wait until I hear back from him.

Your e-mail(s) to ~    iBuy        Discount  ~ (ffk77hz4bd2yptt@marketplace.amazon.com) cannot be delivered because there was a problem with the recipient's email system. The recipient can still view the message in their message center on Amazon.com, but they will not receive it by e-mail. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Also it appears the domain "ibuy.discount" has been registered in Germany, but the site has nothing uploaded.  So why is a CA company (per amazon profile) using a German ISP?  Another red flag for me is looking at the other items they have for sale.  All their items are at about 50% of retail and all higher end and desirable. I'm 95% sure this is a pop-up fraud site.  Yes Amazon's policy will cover it, but why go through 30-60 days of trying to get my money back if I don't have to in the first place.  Also the KBQ warranty is for the original purchaser so it appears that will not transfer on a used, but unused (like new) item.

The other thing I found odd was they were selling a used item while all their reviews were written for brand new items, none for any used items.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #512 on: September 03, 2016, 02:01:14 PM »
Back when I was looking for a big screen tv there was one on Amazon from one of those "just launched" sellers with a deal too good to be true.  I also thought what the heck, it's Amazon, they'll back me up if I get $crewed.  Tried to buy it, seller wanted payment outside of Amazon system.  Canceled it and ran to Amazon's warehouse deals.

Now back to the KBQ.  Want one, need one, Biggs & others have convinced me this will be my next smoker.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Pappymn

KARUBECUE has landed
« Reply #513 on: September 03, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »
I would run. Not worth it
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #514 on: September 03, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »

Just want to pass this along from Bill @ Karubeque: He mentioned to me that there is NO warranty on any used units . His warranty is a NON-TRANSFERABLE warranty.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #515 on: September 03, 2016, 09:49:39 PM »

Just want to pass this along from Bill @ Karubeque: He mentioned to me that there is NO warranty on any used units . His warranty is a NON-TRANSFERABLE warranty.

And BOOM goes the dynamite! Good info T. To me, it's a heck of a savings if it's legit and I would probably gamble on it even sans warranty but that could very well be a deal breaker at any price point. Well, almost any ;) :P

My gut feeling says pass, that's why I haven't bought it myself, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline DWard51

« Reply #516 on: September 04, 2016, 12:26:02 AM »
And poof.....the seller is no longer on amazon.....  Guess my gut feeling was right.  It's a shame people will try to steal a buck any way they can.  Oh, well, back to saving for a KBQ.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #517 on: September 04, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
That Amazon deal could have been a bad one...glad they are gone....but they will pop back up somewhere......cockroaches do that  :(
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #518 on: September 05, 2016, 07:30:58 PM »
@Smokin3d I apologize for the late response. I've been on the road.
No I do not spritz, mop, wrap or adulterate my BBQ in any way shape or form. LOL.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #519 on: September 05, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
I missed my KBQ! Finally got back home, first order of business.......

No sauce, no fancy rub, no wrapping.

Now THAT is BBQ!!
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #520 on: September 05, 2016, 08:42:59 PM »
Beautiful    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2016, 08:49:56 PM »
Great looking ribs. I think I need to stop reading this thread or I am going to get myself in trouble.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #522 on: September 18, 2016, 04:52:02 PM »
Cowboys win!! Beef ribs time.....
I got these from Costco. There's only Costco store that carries these in a twin pack for $35, my pack was 9 pounds, no trimming.

KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #523 on: September 18, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »
Oh yeah!!

KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum