Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Burn it in the Back Yard with Hub!

SECTION INTRODUCTION

(1/2) > >>

Hub:
BURN IT IN THE BACK YARD!
Life is a journey . . .

Once, long ago, when I enquired how she wanted our dinner cooked my wife replied, “Burn it in the back yard!”  That was her comical way of saying she wanted “outdoor” methodology applied.  There are many advantages to this.  It keeps the heat and mess out of the house and it allows for the transfer of delicious flavor from juicy splatter and smoke.

Upon my retirement a few years back I began an odyssey of barbeque writing based on both my experience as a KCBS barbeque judge and competition cook, and my years of “burning things in the back yard” for friends and family.  Even though I don’t make much money from it, I’ve found this type of writing far, far more satisfying than all the stuff I had to gin out for professional journals and clients during my working career.  The replies, PM’s, e-mails and phone calls from my readers both in print and on the Internet are golden.   Thus, I’m honored that Tee asked me to host a section here.

Most of my posts will be either my continuing “Basic” series aimed at helping anyone struggling with a particular type of meat or new to outdoor cooking in general.  But, I’ll kick in some other philosophizing from time to time, too.  The pinned “sticky” posts are the meat, the rest are sides and dessert.  There are no locked topics.

Journeys are best when you have friends along . . .

Hub   

drholly:
Hub,

I have enjoyed and learned a lot from your posts.

I really like the saying - "Burn it in the backyard."

I am looking forward to more of these posts - thank you!

smokeasaurus:

--- Quote from: drholly on November 14, 2015, 03:54:10 PM ---Hub,

I have enjoyed and learned a lot from your posts.

I really like the saying - "Burn it in the backyard."

I am looking forward to more of these posts - thank you!

--- End quote ---

a big X2

HighOnSmoke:
I have read all your articles and they have helped me considerably. Looking forward to any new or improved methods you come up with.

sliding_billy:
Thanks for everything that you have contributed here and elsewhere!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version