FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Bacon Wrapped Smoked Burnt Ends

(1/3) > >>

mreservices:
I wanted to share one amazing thing that I have made on the Pit Barrel.  It is Bacon Wrapped Smoked Burnt Ends.  I did a full packer brisket and a separate point in the Barrel (AMAZING!!).  I removed the points and put them both in a vacuum sealed bag overnight as I had a Christmas party the next night.  Take the points out of the bag and cut them into roughly 1" squared cubes.  Brush them with your favorite BBQ Sauce, sprinkle generously with your favorite rub (mine is Pit Barrel Beef and Game!) and wrap in bacon.  Place them on a Bradley Rack then heat them in the oven, grill or back on the smoker at 200-225.  I let them go until the bacon crisps up.  These absolutely melt in your mouth.  I made about 100 of these and with a group of 7 of us they were gone in minutes.  To be fair, this is NOT my recipe.  I have made my own adjustments, but it is a recipe from Jeff Phillips.  If you do a search for "Bacon Wrapped Smoked Burnt Ends"  you will find it.  Not pushing anything he does, but this recipe is out of this world.

Michael

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Smokin Don:
They looks great!!! Don

Savannahsmoker:
Excellent idea and it sounds so good I booked marked this one. :)

muralboy:
everything is always better with BACON!

Big Dawg:
Yeah, think I'll take a dozen or so ! ! !

BD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version