Author Topic: Prime Sirlon- Jumbo Joe  (Read 777 times)

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
Prime Sirlon- Jumbo Joe
« Reply #-1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:49:43 AM »
A lot of good fresh produce from my garden and the farmer's market as the season comes to a close.  I made some ratatouille to pair with my steak, along with some of my garden fingerling potatoes.  The prime sirloin was just seasoned with salt and fresh ground pepper and allowed to rest in the fridge while I got the cowboy lump and cherry wood chunks ready.

For the ratatouille (prepared in the morning) I used baby eggplant, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, 1 slice of red onion (pinky thickness), and black cherry tomatoes.  I made three slices of eggplant, halved the zucchini, and cut the four sides of the pepper.  Tossed it all (except the tomatoes) in some olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbes de provence and took them to the gasser on high heat with grill grates for quick sear/char.  I quartered the tomatoes while the other veg cooled.  Once cooled I small diced them and added some fresh oregano, thyme, and basil.  Rosemary works really great with this too.  I didn't make my batch of sauce yet so I didn't add it the veg during this meal but after I match a batch of sauce I added just enough to coat the veggies and make them come together without making it a vegetable sauce.

Once the grill was ready I added the potatoes (and broccoli for my wife).  after a couple minutes I put the sirloin on and let her ride until I thought it was ready via the touch test.  I let it rest while I got our plates together, and I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Ratatouille:

Plated:

$$$$$$$$ shot:

For a non beef eater the wife really enjoyed the pieces I shared with her.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Prime Sirlon- Jumbo Joe
« on: September 12, 2016, 10:17:09 AM »
A great plate of food!!! Steak looks fine!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Prime Sirlon- Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
A most excellent money shot......done perfectly.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32