Spriited Discussions > SPIRITED DISCUSSIONS

Ultimate Pint Glass Challenge

(1/3) > >>

Redsparow1:
I know this isn't exactly bbq related, but since for many of us having a cold one while working the pit is part of the fun, I thought I would give it a shot.  Hawaii is great, it is a magical place to live, but it is a hard place to keep your beer cold!  This led me to begin a search for the best way to keep my beer cold.  I do some homebrewing and I like to keg, so I took insulating bottles out of contention.  I did a simple experiment comparing the efficiency of a pint glass, a tervis tumbler, and the hydroflask true pint.  As you might expect, the hydroflask did the best job, followed by the Tervis Tumbler, and then the pint glass.  The full post is here: http://www.backyardmovies.net/best-pint-glass-challenge/

I thought that the difference in the 3 justified the added expense.  The measuring cup was a bit fogged up, so it doesn't do the best job of showing the true amount of water that came out of the Hydroflask True Pint, but I think the chunk of ice tells the tale alright.

Please don't judge my experimental technique so harshly...I was so good at Chem 101, I had to take it twice!  I also have a 32oz Ozark Trail cup that I want to test, but since it is much larger than the Pints, I didn't think it was a fair comparison.

Smokin Don:
Nice experiment!!! If you drink it fast enough it don't get cold!!! :) :) :) Don

Pam Gould:
I load my OM 30 oz'er at night with a tray of ice and water and have ice & water till the next afternoon..I love that and got rid of all my old stuff that didn't work.     .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

tlg4942:
I like the topic and experiment.  We have the same problem with fast warming here on the Southern Coast. I drink a lot more beer trying to stay ahead of the temp!
   I like the look of the Hydroflask... I need to find one in a store to look at.  For the price it has to be something I really like.
 If you come up with more be sure and post them...

TwoPockets:
I collect pint beer glasses from bars all over the country when I travel and also went to a restaurant supply and bought a case of pint bar glasses. I have a lot of just plain pint glasses.  I have never had a pint of beer get warm in any type of glass I use. Now my wife has her Yeti tumbler she likes since she sips hers a little slower than I do. I can't imagine a time I would need to keep a beer cold for an hour or or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version