Author Topic: Grilled Pork Cutlets W/Salt & Vinegar Potatoes  (Read 748 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Grilled Pork Cutlets W/Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
« Reply #-1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
Nov 01 2016

A great day for Nov. 1st; a sunny 77 and windy. I was hungry for pork tenderloins and had buns on hand. My butcher’s cutlets make the best tenderloin sandwiches; they are boneless chops run through a tenderizer.

I did a lot of them breaded and skillet fried but anymore we like them just with salt and pepper and dredged in flour then grilled. My side would be some baby Dutch potatoes. I trimmed the ends and quartered 6 of the bigger ones and soaked in 1/3 cup malt vinegar and water to cover about 5 hours. We also had some cauliflower raw with salad dressing, I had blue cheese on mine and the wife had Italian.

At supper time I boiled the potatoes in the vinegar water until fork tender about 15 minutes then drained and tossed with some butter.  I had my weber Spirit heating on med. and added the potatoes in a wire basket while it was getting hot.

By the time I put the cutlets on the potatoes were browning so they went to the warming rack. I did the cutlets 4 minutes per side on the back of grill grates and toasted the buns. I sprinkled coarse salt over the potatoes and served with more malt vinegar.

The wife and I both agree tenderloins or cutlets just need mustard and dill pickle. We like Claussen’s dill pickles. That tasted good and was nice to get in some grilling before the cold comes.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline hikerman

Re: Grilled Pork Cutlets W/Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:57:32 PM »
Nice plate of comfort there Don!

Offline Savannahsmoker

Re: Grilled Pork Cutlets W/Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:01:30 PM »
Looks like good food for any day but I have never had Salt and Vinegar Potatoes so I need to give em a shot.
Thanks for new ideas.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,