Author Topic: Brisket for the 1000th time  (Read 20138 times)

Offline jjjonz

Re: Brisket for the 1000th time
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 05:34:37 PM »
I'm from SW Georgia and that recipe is pretty close. My grand pappy made it in a cast iron pot in a fire outside. As far as meat ...you used what you had. Thanks for posting.
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline RAD

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 06:16:24 PM »
You are forgiven RG. Sometimes you need to clear your palate and let your smokers cool down for a couple of days. We have all been in your boots.

So true.
I had to take a long time off on pulled pork. Almost hard to get down. But I'm back.
Love to cook and eat

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 12:21:14 PM »
I'm from SW Georgia and that recipe is pretty close. My grand pappy made it in a cast iron pot in a fire outside. As far as meat ...you used what you had. Thanks for posting.

I know with Brunswick Stew, there is an infinite number of ways to make it. My normal recipe that I threw together years ago uses very little crushed tomatoes, a different style of BBQ sauce, potatoes, no limas, pork and chicken only, no brisket. They couldn't be further apart in taste although they still have a lot in common! I may make my standard version in the new year and do a "Stew Off"!! LOL
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!