Author Topic: Lumber Jack  (Read 1465 times)

Offline WmMarty

Lumber Jack
« Reply #-1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:23:31 PM »
What about Lumber Jack pellets? Are they any good ?

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Lumber Jack
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:39:07 PM »
Yes, they are good.  I have actually ordered Lumber Jack pellets for a few friends, to the tune of 6,000 pounds on the last order.  I really like their different choices of "flavors".  I have some just for smoking cheeses and sausages.  IMHO they are very good.  I have several hundred pounds in my basement right now.  Won't need to order for quite a while.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline WmMarty

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:20:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Rural King has a lot of it.
Marty

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »
Yep, and be sure to watch Rural King's website, because whatever the price is on there is what the store will charge.  Right now Rural King has them listed for $8.99/20lb bag ($0.45/lb), which is a great price.

Considering we have a Rural King that's fairly close, as long as I can catch them for that price, it will actually be cheaper to get them there than the 1/2 ton bulk order I placed last year (after adding fuel cost to pick them up).

Rural King doesn't offer all of the flavors, but they offer enough of a variety that it's definitely worth it.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
Thanks for the info about Rural King.
$8.99  for 20 pounds and free shipping over $99 makes the deal for me.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
No Rural king here in Cali, so jumped on the website to see if they would ship free.....NOPE! $190 to ship to me  ???. Bummer, cause I need to get more pellets.
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 01:44:53 PM »
No Rural king here in Cali, so jumped on the website to see if they would ship free.....NOPE! $190 to ship to me  ???. Bummer, cause I need to get more pellets.

Just a hint since I have ordered before.  Find enough "friends" to fill out an order for a complete pallet of pellets.  That $190 sounds like to pallet shipping price.  With those friends, you can split the cost of the shipping.  Also, Lumber Jack had been shopping the shippers to see if someone would/could add to an existing load and move your pellets that way.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »
There's actually a guy semi-locally that sells Lumber jack and Cookingpellets for about $20/ 40# bag that I bought from last time and just need to give him a call. He has family that is always coming through my area so they actually come and meet me somewhere with the pellets. Think I'll give him a call after the holiday.
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 04:08:56 PM »
The site says Free Shipping over $99 but then there are exceptions.  I guess I needed to read the fine print.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 See Details.

Just add items to your cart totaling $99 or more and choose Free Shipping as your shipping method during checkout.
The free shipping offer is valid only on items shipped within the contiguous United States. You order must qualify for UPS or USPS shipping, so items that cannot be shipped via UPS or USPS are not eligible.

Other exclusions from the free shipping promotion include, but are not limited to
Orders that weigh more than 100 lbs or contain over-sized items
Liquids
Chemicals
Fertilizers
Grass Seed
Pet Food
Livestock Feed
Paint
Mowers
Tires
Generators
Items that are over-sized in one or more dimensions
Other exclusions may apply. We offer very competitive rates on freight shipping for larger items.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »
Just a hint since I have ordered before.  Find enough "friends" to fill out an order for a complete pallet of pellets.  That $190 sounds like to pallet shipping price.  With those friends, you can split the cost of the shipping.  Also, Lumber Jack had been shopping the shippers to see if someone would/could add to an existing load and move your pellets that way.

Art

Art, they've changed their policy since you setup as a dealer and ordered last.

Last year I did not qualify because they now require either a retail store front or online retail business with a warehouse/loading dock.  I ended up ordering through BBQPelletsOnline.com, which is an online dealer for Lumber Jack.  It was a little higher, but still a pretty good price.

About six months ago they relaxed their policy somewhat and will now sell directly to non-dealers ONLY if there are no other dealers within a certain radius of where you live.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68