Author Topic: Link to Online Cached Pelletheads Forums  (Read 4462 times)

Offline mreservices

Link to Online Cached Pelletheads Forums
« Reply #-1 on: September 22, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »
All,

I just wanted to throw this out there for everyone.  You can still get to the cached forums from the forever gone pelletheads website.  Google backs up web pages and you can get to those cached pages.  There is a website called web.archive.org.  It shows when the website was last cached.  It appears that it was last done on June 3, 2017.  You cannot log into the account if you had one as there is no server to authenticate you, however you can go through the forums (not sure about search but you can manually).  I don't know if everything is backed up or not, but there is a lot of data that is still there.  I have no idea how long this is kept, but it is there now for your review.  Below is a direct link to the cached pages.  Enjoy!!

https://web.archive.org/web/20170603211644/http://pelletheads.com/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:08:25 PM by mreservices »
Pit Barrel Cooker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24" Gas Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie WiFi
Charbroil RED Infrared Gas Grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Access to Cached Pelletheads Forums
« on: September 22, 2017, 07:45:55 AM »
Surprise, surprise..... I did not even know they had gone defunct. Tho I will say that there was always an attitude  present that was...not friendly to new folks asking questions, or offering thinking that was other than what the established cult of personality on the site agreed with.

Well - it is a shame to see any resource go away. Good to know it is preserved.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline rwalters

Access to Cached Pelletheads Forums
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:25:29 AM »
Yup, it's been down for a bit now. The founder, Larry, passed away not to long ago. Site was sold to a new owner, and shortly thereafter it went down..:strange.  The old admin, Bentley, recently started a new forum called Pellet Fans.  Seems to be growing quickly. I personally am enjoying the forum, much like I do this one :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:04 AM »
Yup, it's been down for a bit now. The founder, Larry, passed away not to long ago. Site was sold to a new owner, and shortly thereafter it went down..:strange.  The old admin, Bentley, recently started a new forum called Pellet Fans.  Seems to be growing quickly. I personally am enjoying the forum, much like I do this one :)

Flatly - Bentley is the issue that existed with Pelletheads. Be patient, and watch how this plays out. Size is not a measure of strength of character...... ;)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 09:06:13 AM »
Have to agree with Tim. Any forum whose "powers that be" troll members private messages and allows a confrontational environment should not be allowed to exist.

Just another reason why I am so glad to be here and not be anywhere else.

I will give them props for helping spread the word of pellet grilling and there product reviews were well done...........but that does not excuse them for how they ran that forum.........................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 09:11:26 AM »
Well said Tee.  I used to visit the forum and found it to very snarky from some people; quite unlike your forum.  Many people had the "know it all attitude", and would easily criticize posts.  I am sure glad that I found LetstalkBBQ.

Offline rwalters

Access to Cached Pelletheads Forums
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 10:55:14 AM »

Flatly - Bentley is the issue that existed with Pelletheads. Be patient, and watch how this plays out. Size is not a measure of strength of character...... ;)
Hmmm, perhaps I wasn't around the Pelletheads forum long enough (which I wasn't)... but the moment I see that type of activity at Pellet Fan, I'll hit the road running. No tolerance for that type of attitude or lousy culture.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline mreservices

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 11:14:59 AM »
All,

I did not mean for this to turn into a discussion about the previous website. I just want to list it as I personally found there to be a wealth of knowledge that could be lost. Attitudes or not, I believe there's a lot of useful information there.
Pit Barrel Cooker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24" Gas Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie WiFi
Charbroil RED Infrared Gas Grill

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »

100% agreed.  Not my favorite person.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 03:53:08 PM »
All,

I did not mean for this to turn into a discussion about the previous website. I just want to list it as I personally found there to be a wealth of knowledge that could be lost. Attitudes or not, I believe there's a lot of useful information there.

You are appreciated for the posting of that info. No need to feel you started a negative discussion. We will not waste any energy on that I can assure you :D :D :D.
But - those that were at one time members of Pelletheads will acknowledge this: It is hard to hear the good information when you feel it is being delivered in a castigating manner.  The reason that there is an LTBBQ - is because there was a Pelletheads. MANY of us were members there. And, just got tired of the attitudes that were commonplace. Both in the site administration, and and some members that seemed to follow that mentality.

I knew Larry. He was one of the nicest guys you would want to meet. But Larry did not run the site. ;)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Link to Online Cached Pelletheads Forums
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »
I went an signed up just to look around but after reading WHO this was I just now sent in my info to delete  my account.

I have heard stories of this place and the owner of the site, figured I best cut ties before I was on to long.
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Link to Online Cached Pelletheads Forums
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 05:56:00 PM »
Good call Tommy.  We have many members here that were also on Pelletheads. I am sure they know the words we speak are true.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32