Author Topic: Scooter talk with RG - Tune in from 2:00 to 2:01 daily  (Read 4609 times)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: Scooter talk with RG - Tune in from 2:00 to 2:01 daily
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »
RG, I was also looking forward to seeing your split screen product. Are you using in-camera editing tools or are you using a stand alone editing program to achieve split screen? It is so much easier to set up split screen using a stand alone program (IMHO). The videos that you have posted are very good....and I do hope that you will also transition a few of your videos into your outdoor cooking skills.

Just don't abandon this thread, please. We love to live life through your rides and look forward to each and every one. I will never get another scooter, but I can live vicariously through you riding in that beautiful countryside around Atlanta. Keep those videos coming.

P.S. - Let us know what you think about that new Sony handheld.

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 03:35:32 PM »
I was just tuning in to see the split screen video!! 

Still waiting.......... :D :D
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
RG, I was also looking forward to seeing your split screen product. Are you using in-camera editing tools or are you using a stand alone editing program to achieve split screen? It is so much easier to set up split screen using a stand alone program (IMHO). The videos that you have posted are very good....and I do hope that you will also transition a few of your videos into your outdoor cooking skills.

Just don't abandon this thread, please. We love to live life through your rides and look forward to each and every one. I will never get another scooter, but I can live vicariously through you riding in that beautiful countryside around Atlanta. Keep those videos coming.

P.S. - Let us know what you think about that new Sony handheld.

Thanks for the kind words! I don't use on board camera editing but rather Pinnacle Studio 20. I actually was better at using the old Pinnacle studio that I had (15) but maybe I'll get the hang of this one. I am having a hard time syncing the video and got it somewhat close and called it a day :) I do plan on making a brisket "How-To" at some point even though it's not reinventing the wheel by any stretch.

Here's the video, trimmed down to about 1/3 of its original size. I recorded the main screen in 4K with the Sony, the helmet view was done in 1080P using the SJCAM 4000 and the rear was shot in 4K using the Akaso EK7000. I took the audio from the Akaso as it was facing away from the wind and really picked up the exhaust well. I downsampled the whole video to 1080P and then Youtube compresses it even further so it's not very good quality unfortunately. The raw footage of the Sony is incredibly clear and the image stabilization is fantastic. I actually took another short video using it today, riding back to the same spot where I took off from in the 3 way video. I will post it if I can get a somewhat decent representation of it on Youtube.

Here ya go Bob! :P

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 12:57:27 PM »
So much for the other video, apparently my stupid gloved finger didn't press record on the camera so my ride was undocumented, lol. I'll at least share a picture of my lunch with y'all ;)

Very small burrito, not much chicken, a lot of mushy overcooked rice, sorry salsa, chips no good either. $11.75. Never again!

I always sit where I can keep an eye on my scooter.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 01:36:34 PM »
Fantastic ride and camera shots Jason, almost felt like I was there.  Now you need Steph in front with a rear facing camera capturing the total package.

Looking forward to the brisket cook also.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 05:59:09 PM »
I am attempting to upload the LONG version of that ride to Youtube but only the 4K main video. It'll take a while, it's almost 16 gigs lol! If I'm successful, I'll post it.

Offline RG

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 06:05:04 AM »
So here's the mini movie, unedited, of the 4K main portion of the ride in its entirety. You'll hear a guy ask about the wheels and then my reply. It starts off slow as I was putting on my helmet and gloves and zipping up my jacket. Remember to click on the 4K button in the video settings. Youtube does compress the video so the quality is compromised substantially but it still looks decent. Starting at about 8:05 into the video, there's a road that I turn onto that I've posted before. I like all of the trees on it with different colored leaves, very pretty. At the end of the video you'll see me pull into my mess of a garage. Christmas stuff was being dragged out so that's my excuse :P

Offline RG

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 06:49:52 AM »
Fantastic ride and camera shots Jason, almost felt like I was there.  Now you need Steph in front with a rear facing camera capturing the total package.

Looking forward to the brisket cook also.

I'd have to mount a camera to her SUV for that to happen, she no longer has a bike. Maybe next spring I'll get her another but I doubt it. I might do a brisket this weekend, we'll see if it shakes out ;)

Offline RG

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 11:36:57 AM »
I took the bike to the stealership yesterday for them to correct some blemishes (scratches) on the tank that were there when I bought it. We decided to wait until the riding season was over. I was going to have them do the "First Service" on it after the 600 mile break in. It was my understanding that this was to be done free of charge but upon arriving there yesterday was told that it was NOT free. I am pretty sure I was told, when I bought it, that the initial service/ first oil change was on them. Nope. They lied and I will never spend a dime more with them on principal alone. I was debating buying the Mrs. a bike there but that ship has sailed.

So here I sit, wishing I could ride as I'm home with nothing to do, lol. Yes, it's cold and there is rainy/snowy weather so that makes it hard even if I had the bike here. One thing I can do is show y'all the setup I used on that 3-way PIP video I made. It's very rudimentary but it works for the most part.

Here's the camera on the helmet, I need a wedge under it to raise it up so it's not looking down so much.

Here's the Sony on the handlebar

And here's the one that caught the rear view and audio that I used. I attached it to the passenger foot peg.

During the cold months ahead, maybe I'll get better at making videos.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 06:04:23 PM »
RG, that was a very good ride. I really liked the drive through your neighborhood and into your garage. By the way, you don't even know what a mess of a garage looks like. Drive on over to my house to see what a messy garage is supposed to look like...and, no, I won't post a picture because it is too embarrassing.

I subscribed to your youtube channel and am very proud to be subscriber #1. Transferred your 4k video to my Sony XBR65x930e and it looks fabulous...lots of colors and even with the limited/compressed bandwidth, it came across as a quality video. I did activate the "live football mode" which almost doubles the brightness and contrast and it made me feel like I was there taking those curves with you. I actually watched it twice. Can't wait for your brisket video.

Offline RG

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
Good deal Don! Thanks for the kind words. It frustrates me to no end that the Youtube video doesn't look like the one on my PC but I guess I'll have to live with it :) I've actually added a few more videos to that channel, some are from other channels that I have. I am attempting to consolidate them into one place. I'll eventually get that brisket video done, shooting for next weekend ;)