Author Topic: HOUSTON, TX AREA: Cookinpellets Pellets Dealer Available - $28.95 for 40# bag  (Read 902 times)

Offline UWFSAE

HOUSTON, TX AREA: Cookinpellets Pellets Dealer Available - $28.95 for 40# bag
« Reply #-1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
Needed several bags of pellets now that my Blaz'n Grid Iron is on site and went to the only dealer in the greater Houston area to pick up three 40# bags of Cookinpellets Perfect Mix for $28.95 a bag at Aztec Rentals at 7721 Pinemont Dr, Houston, TX 77040.  They had Hickory in stock as well for the same price.

Had a nice chat with the owner ... they apparently used to carry Mak Grills and some other lines a few years back and they kept Cookinpellets around simply because there are a half dozen folks working there who use them.  $28.95 a bag saved me a bundle with regard to shipping; you have to brave traffic on 290 to get there but they were very friendly and knowledgeable, the bags were in perfect condition and loaded into my Jeep for me, and the price was right.
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
UWFSAE, I bought a bag of CookinPellets from them a couple of years ago when they were just down the street from me on 34th Street (almost across the street from David Klose Pits. They just moved this past summer to Pinemont Drive. I used to rent a bunch of equipment from them when I saw their pile of CookinPellets in the back. I didn't know that they used to sell Mak grills, but it makes sense.

I don't know where you're driving from in Houston, but if you live close to Tomball, you can get 100% oak pellets for $4.79 for 40 lbs. at Tractor Supply. That's the only Tractor Supply around Houston that stocks pellets. I've been using them for about 3 years and love them. They burn hot and the smoke smells good. CaptJack uses them, also. They are not labeled food grade but neither are they labeled fuel grade....but then again, I will die of old age before a wood pellet could ever kill me so that is not a concern for me.

Offline UWFSAE

Yeah, I'm out in the Crosby area but our local Tractor Supply doesn't carry much.  I found a couple of Lumberjack vendors (one inside the loop and the other down towards Webster) but I was in the 290 area and thought I'd grab some. 

That being said, I've got family out in the Cypress area so Tomball wouldn't be a bad side trip.  Besides, Tejas Chocolate + Barbecue is in Old Town Tomball.  They are awesome ... I graduated high school with one of the owners and she and her husband have 'que that is on par with Killen's, Corkscrew, Rogel's, and the other top drawer places in the Houston area.
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330