Author Topic: Traeger PTG modified with Auber SYL-2372 PID Controller (cont ... part 2)  (Read 2151 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Traeger PTG modified with Auber SYL-2372 PID Controller (cont ... part 2)
« Reply #-1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »
Installed the grease pan and grill.  Note the horizontal position of the K-type thermocouple.  Using two Maverick ET-732 probes to monitor the grill temperature at the Back and Front of the PTG.  Documented the temperatures of the thermocouple and ET-732 probes.

Here is a reference photo showing the size of the PTG compared to my MAK 2 Star ... I asked my PTG what it wanted to be when it grew up and it said "a MAK 2 Star"   :D :D

Got me an iGrill to monitor temps but also cause it'll allow me to graph my cooks.  iDevices had a Super Bowl special which included the iGrill, 2 meat probles, 1 ambient probe, an apron, and BBQ sauce.  All I need to do now is to Convince SWMBO to let me use her iPad  :D  ;D

After a learning curve with advise from forum members and Suyi Lui from Auber Instruments I do believe I've dialed in the 225ºF parameters for my Traeger PTG ...  Time to start cooking with this little pellet pooper!!

T=20, OUTL=13, OUTH=60, I=400, P=45, D=155 ... Ambient temp for the test was at 58ºF

In order to achieve a 225ºF pit temperature measured by the iGrill ambient temp probe located at the of the grill I compensated by setting the Set Value to 250ºF (  Due to the vertical placement of the K type Thermocouple ).

The reference for the Y-axis:  From top to bottom ... 275º, 250º, 225º, 200º, 175º.

Onward to bigger and better temps, tests, cooks, and Alaska this summer!!  Thanks to everyone who has helped me ... you know who you are  ;)  Am I done tweaking and testing?  NO, but it's a start and now I've learned enough to start using some of my MAK 2 Star time tested recipes and methods on this Traeger PTG!!  :)   8)  ... Stay tuned ...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:37:42 PM by smoker pete »
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker