Author Topic: 3½ lb Smoked Bone-In Chicken Breasts  (Read 1425 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
3½ lb Smoked Bone-In Chicken Breasts
« Reply #-1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »
We've all seen and probably smoked/cooked/enjoyed those nice 8-10 lb Bone-In Turkey Breasts over the years.  But have you ever seen a Bone-In Chicken Breast?  Me neither ... That's why I decided to create my own and give them a shot.  For those that enjoy Chicken white meat this is nirvana!!

Took a couple of 5½ lb fresh Foster Farms Chickens, carved out the leg quarters and part of the lower backbone.  The results were nice 3½ lb Bone-In Chicken Breasts - just like a Turkey Breast but with the wings still attached.  Vacuumed sealed the leg quarters for another day.

Rubbed Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO and Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub On/Under the Chicken skin.  Mounted the Bone-In Chicken Breasts on Chicken Roasters and preheated the MAK 2 Smoker-Grill with Hickory pellets.

Hickory smoked the Chicken breasts (180ºF) for 2 hours before bumping the temperature to 325ºF until the breast IT reached 170ºF.  Took 3 hours.  Rested the Bone-In Chicken Breasts under a foil tent for 20 minutes before serving.

The money $shot ...  A Hickory smoked Bone-In Chicken Breast and wing served with a side of Rice and Corn ...  I was amazed at how moist and delectable the breast turned out.  I'm presuming that it's a combination of the intact breast bone and skin that helps to retain the moisture.  Anxious to brine and/or inject one of these Bone-In Chicken Breasts next time around  :D :D

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: 3½ lb Smoked Bone-In Chicken Breasts
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:18:12 PM »
I would hit that plate!!  Chicken has a great color to it and I bet it was tasty to boot!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Ron D

• Fire up the grill or smoker and get cooking
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
Hit the plate? Heck I would even eat the plate that looks so good....Great Job Pete, great color, skins looks nice and crisp and I know that had to so juicy
The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »
Pete you are a cruel man cookin' all that wonderfull food on the West Coast - and to far for me to sneak over for a bite of it! ;)

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401