Author Topic: Traeger service comes through.  (Read 693 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Traeger service comes through.
« Reply #-1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:16:28 PM »
Traeger service comes through for me again. The first time was when my heat rod went out after 2 ½ years. Sent me a new one free of charge and I had it in about 4 days.

I love my Traeger 07E and Traeger is the reason all the other pellet grills are on the market today.

My Traeger is out of warranty now. Lately I have been getting more fly ash up in the cooking chamber and even on the food. I have been using Traeger oak pellets for a long time now, with good luck. I was even getting a few clinkers, about ½ inch diameter, in the burn pot. I used to get just a small amount of fine ash after each cook. Now I know all you young ones, that wasn’t around when we cooked and heated with, coal probably don’t know what clinkers are! Some of the coal ashes would weld together making clumps, and they were called clinkers.

I decided why not call Traeger service and run it by them. I explained my problem with a service lady, had to tell her what clinkers are! She went through asking me about how I stored them; I store them in a plastic tub that sets on plywood in my garage. She put me on hold while she talked to someone else. She came back and said we will send you a bag to try and see what you get with those. I was happy.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Hub

Re: Traeger service comes through.
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:56:55 PM »
Even though the current owners of Traeger are not the original ones and are "cash cowing" the business for a fast return, they still provide good service.  In fact, I've heard of very few Traeger owners who haven't gotten quick and very satisfactory problem resolution. 

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN