Welcome Center > Announcements

A NOTE ABOUT NEW MEMBERS....

(1/3) > >>

teesquare:

And now for an un-paid promotional announcement ;D:

RECRUIT! ;) ;D
When you are on another forum, or anywhere talkin' outdoor cooking - please everyone remember to invite folks here. Try to observe them, and select folks that you want to be here as members. The kind that are helpful, positive cheerful folks. It is best if you tell me who is joining that you know, or if they reference an invitation so I do no t put them thru the "mill".

I turn down sometimes hundreds of applicants every month because they do not respond to an e-mail request I send them asking how they heard about LTBBQ and what they cook on.
This may be because my e-mail to them is going in their spam filter. So - I send a second request asking if they would like to join us, please answer the question asa above mentioned.
I wait a week or two. If I receive no response - I delete their information. This is for site security reasons as well as the applicants. They can re-apply, but I do not want to keep their information on file too long without activation.

SO - if you guys ( and gals) can assist me in this endeavor, by asking anyone that you invite - to watch their spam filter for an e-mail from me, and if you can give me a heads up when they attempt to join us.

We do not want LTBBQ being perceived as exclusionary. That is not our intent at all. But, we also have a great track record of gatekeeping. No spammers or hackers yet...and I want to keep that record intact as we grow.
T

drholly:
I like that process - I realize it takes a fair amount of work on your part, but I believe it keeps the forum lively and friendly.

TentHunteR:

--- Quote from: drholly on August 15, 2013, 12:09:16 PM ---I like that process - I realize it takes a fair amount of work on your part, but I believe it keeps the forum lively and friendly.

--- End quote ---

I agree!  Tee, we do not tell you often enough how much we appreciate what you do for us!

pz:
Indeed; it is rare to find a gem like this forum with members that are truly curious in the endeavors of others with like interests  ;)

sparky:
if were screening ppl T how did smoke get by?   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version