Author Topic: Cheeseburger In Paradise  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Merrick Bill

Re: Cheeseburger In Paradise
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 12:53:43 PM »
Way cool.

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
Is that Jimmy?  too kewl   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:43 AM »
Great picture, what a rare opportunity, you'll value that picture forever, but who is that guy standing next to Jimmy???? :o
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »
For those of you who are interested and available, I just got a note from Jimmy (well, okay, it was actually a notice from the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival computer) that since Eddie Vedder had to cancel, he has just been added to do an acoustical set with Mac McAnally at JazzFest on Thursday, May 3rd from 5:55 to 6:55 PM.  I'll be stage left about halfway up, next to the stands under an Australian aboriginal flag (yellow circle on black & red background).  Join us!
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »
For those of you who are interested and available, I just got a note from Jimmy (well, okay, it was actually a notice from the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival computer) that since Eddie Vedder had to cancel, he has just been added to do an acoustical set with Mac McAnally at JazzFest on Thursday, May 3rd from 5:55 to 6:55 PM.  I'll be stage left about halfway up, next to the stands under an Australian aboriginal flag (yellow circle on black & red background).  Join us!

That sounds way cool.  Wish I could join you.

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline Ron D

• Fire up the grill or smoker and get cooking
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »
Very nice pic....got to meet his sister Lucy last week here in Greenville. She was here on a book tour for her place LuLu's in Gulf Shores, LA (lower Alabama). She is a great gal and one heck of a crack up.
The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 07:41:14 PM »
Bill, If more folks smoked their burgers they would find out how great they are that way.  I like to smoke mine and then finish on my Quantum IR grill or my SRG.

Turtle, why don't you get you one of those new army canteens that go on the back and put it under your shirt.  Then you could just drink out of the tube. Shoot, I bet you would be the only one to try something like that and the local constabulary has most likely never thought of that.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
Bill, If more folks smoked their burgers they would find out how great they are that way.  I like to smoke mine and then finish on my Quantum IR grill or my SRG.

Dee

Yeah, that's the best way to make them.  I cook 'em indirect on my Weber kettle.  High heat and chunks of wood in the charcoal.  Then move them over the coals at the end just to sear the outside of the burger and melt the cheese.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Bill

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 02:10:40 PM »

Turtle, why don't you get you one of those new army canteens that go on the back and put it under your shirt.  Then you could just drink out of the tube. Shoot, I bet you would be the only one to try something like that and the local constabulary has most likely never thought of that.  Dee
Or oranges injected with vodka works well too..don't ask me how I know. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »
Or oranges injected with vodka works well too..don't ask me how I know. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

I was wondering what I was gonna do with all those Cajun Injectors I've accumulated over the years.

Bill

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »
dee - One of the few things I've never had trouble with is the ability to consume adult beverages in a surreptitious manner.  If only I had other skills as well honed.

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »
Just got back from the concert at the Waikiki Shell - good fun as always.  I was going to take a bunch of pictures to post but unfortunately only got the one...

You look leaner and slightly meaner than when we all met in NOLA a year ago!

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
Thanks for noticing - I lost 30 pounds of "prosperity" last year.  Gonna try for 30 more after my JazzFest/Savannah trip.  Of course by then it'll probably need to be more like forty.

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »
Had a craving for burgers last night (sorry I didn't take pics). But I used CB's slick method of forming the burgers in a half-sheet pan and then stuffed the mixture (80/20 hamburger, Worcestershire, S&P, minced jalapenos) with some Provolone cheese, more minced jalapenos, grated jalapeno jack cheese and minced red onion. Dusted the inside with Instant Gourmet and formed into burgers.

Topped the burgers with more provolone (didn't have any american cheese). Served them with panko-crusted onion rings, my homemade spicy pickled carrots and beetroot with horseradish. Used my favorite onion rolls.

Damn tasty dinner!
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)