FORUM SPONSORS > Savor Spices

NEW PRODUCT!

(1/11) > >>

teesquare:
We have just recently reconfigured BBQ SAVOR -- and all of our products -- to help prevent dusting and to lengthen shelf life, without adding any junk!

Ron D and others have used these products before, and after the product update he has voiced his approval! These changes will not affect the usage or taste, it just made them even better!

BBQ SAVOR is one product in our line that many of you may overlook because it does not make "big claims" like many products in the marketplace.
Let me assure you that the taste is far bigger than any fancy labeling can justify!

A little history about this rub:

I started making it (and some others) many years ago, while competing in BBQ. It did me quite well. While my job situation forced me to stop competing, some folks that you may have seen in major competitions (or even on T.V. ;) ) asked me to continue to make some rubs for them to use in competitions.

Due to privacy agreements, I can't tell you a lot about that -- but I can tell you that the BBQ SAVOR is NOT a high salt product. Most rubs use salt as the largest percentage ingredient. If you want more salt, you can add that cheaply enough. But why buy expensive "flavored salt" for your quality BBQ?
And -- there are NO glutens of any kind (wheat, soy, corn), NO MSG, NO nuts, no known allergens of any kind. NO artificial stuff. Period.

The flavor profile was developed to be a balanced approach to the flavors present in BBQ beef or pork that consistently get high marks.

As with all of our products, the 5 forms of taste are of primary importance in this product: sweet, salty, sour, bitter ... and umami.
Umami is Japanese for "savory."In many foods that have this taste component, the manufacturer achieves it via the addition of certain amino acids and glutamates. The most famous (or infamous ;) ) of these is MSG. We don't use it -- and will never use it -- because some folks are sensitive to it.

Now, for the REAL secret...

This product -- BBQ SAVOR, as well as CHICKEN SAVOR -- can be used 3 distinct ways:

1. Rub it on, give it a few minutes, and grill. Great taste and no wait.

2. Rub it on, put it in a zip lock or vacuum bag, and leave it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then grill, or smoke, or cook on the stove in a pan for "all the way thru" flavor -- without being salty tasting!

3. If you pan sauté, add a small amount of moisture about halfway thru cooking (water, or white wine with the CHICKEN SAVOR, or even a light beer with the BBQ SAVOR) and additional tablespoon or two of the rub -- and the SAVOR makes it's own finishing sauce!

So, here is the web address for you -- if you want to try any of the first 4 products (more to follow!) :)

http://savorspices.com/

muebe:
Tee I am gonna get around to ordering some of your rubs soon.

Some Bacon Savor for sure ;)

smokeasaurus:
I see you have the red-neck rub on the site as well T..............how are they different??

teesquare:
Thanks muebe!

smoke - they are "tweaked" for different priorities. They are slightly different to adjust for the outdoor cooking market - and for the indoor market.

Nothing drastic, and - you may not even notice the difference! ;)

Ron D:
I will have to say that the new style of rubs is as good in taste but better in use than the older rubs. Less caking and better hold onto the meat. I have some of both chicken and will do a side by side cook this week when I am off Monday or Tuesday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version