Author Topic: Bradley light  (Read 14133 times)

Offline hutcho

Bradley light
« Reply #-1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
So pulled some parts off a stove I had that went through the tornado.  Has anyone tried doing this? I'm a little nervous about cutting a hole the size that it would require but I think it would be worth it for those long night smokes.  Also plan on hooking my fan up with the door switch when it gets here. 

So am I crazy to attempt this? Anyone else ever try it?

Parts

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Re: Bradley light
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
Is this for a Bradley smoker? I don't see a problem if it is. You should see the size hole Muebe put in his Bradley for the ginormous fan he put in it. Its a beast!  The only thing I could see that would happen would be that the smoke would eventually dirty the bulb cover up and it will not be as bright as when you first put it in.
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:42:17 PM »
Seems like a cool idea. I cut a hole in my Bradley for my convection fan.

Just would wonder how the smoke would cover the glass and darken the light emitted.

Also that would stick out quite a bit. A smaller recessed light might work better IMHO.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline hutcho

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:45:34 PM »
The cover un screws so I could throw it in the wash with my other smoker parts.  And when its mounted it only sticks through about an inch.  Just like in an oven, came out of a whirlpool in fact.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:12 PM »
The cover un screws so I could throw it in the wash with my other smoker parts.  And when its mounted it only sticks through about an inch.  Just like in an oven, came out of a whirlpool in fact.

Well then go for it! ;)
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Bradley light
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »
Sounds like a plan and a half. Good luck. Would be nice to see pics of the finish project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline hutcho

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »
If I do it I will for sure do a writeup.  Got my fan in today and gonna do a writeup of it and dual elements too.  I know its been done but just adding to the wealth of knowledge out there.

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Bradley light
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 10:09:07 PM »

If I do it I will for sure do a writeup.  Got my fan in today and gonna do a writeup of it and dual elements too.  I know its been done but just adding to the wealth of knowledge out there.

I have twin 500W elements and a
Two inch fan in mine. My experience is that my two inch, again MY TWO INCH fan, doesn't make much of a difference when I use it. That's just me. Others say they have good results.
There was a thread in another forum about using fans in the Bradley smoker with very different opinions as experiences with it. Also, if you do the element mod, you will have to get a PID to control it.

MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 10:13:59 PM »

Two inch fan in mine. My experience is that my two inch, again MY TWO INCH fan, doesn't make much of a difference when I use it. That's just me. Others say they have good results.
There was a thread in another forum about using fans in the Bradley smoker with very different opinions as experiences with it. Also, if you do the element mod, you will have to get a PID to control it.

Go big or go home! 5 inches baby ;)

Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline hutcho

Re: Re: Bradley light
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »

Go big or go home! 5 inches baby ;)

Damn thats a huge fan! I ordered 2 2inch fans but may step up if needed.  I planned on building a shroud to kind of deflect it out a little better.  I will make sure there is room to upsize fans if need be.

Oh and I do have an auber already. :))