Author Topic: First cooks in the book  (Read 1551 times)

Offline TexasRob

First cooks in the book
« Reply #-1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »
Hello,

First off let me apologize in advance, no pics. I have to visit the thread to see how to get pics posted on here..

Well I got my PBC about a week back and got to do 2 cooks over the long weekend, all I can say is MIND BLOWN! I can't believe that I did baby backs in 2.5 hrs each cook (I added jalapeno poppers to one cook and armadillo eggs to another one...love the hinged grate).

I was starting my 3rd hr and showed a pic of my ribs to a veteran of the PBC, I stated I will keep them on for another hr. My friend said, with that pull back already check them in 30 mins. Sure enough 30 mins later, I pulled them toothpick test...they were done!  I'm used to baby backs taking all of 5 hrs on my other cooker/smokers.

I'm loving everything about this cook so far, I also got the turkey hanger so I will try to do chicken this weekend and jalapeno stuffed burgers to switch things up.

Thanks

Rob
MasterForge
KJBJ
WSM 18.5
PBC

Thermopens
Maverick ET-732
BBQ Guru DigiQ

Offline Kona

Re: First cooks in the book
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
I've loved mine ever since I bought it. It led me to throw away my old electric smoker. My ribs take 2.5 hours as well. As I've read, BBQ is done when it's done. I go by the pullback on my bones and haven't missed yet. I still have yet to do a brisket if I can find one, so far no luck.
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:50 AM »
We are glad to hear you are loving your Pit Barrel Cooker! Never hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns.

Offline Kona

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:08:50 AM »
We are glad to hear you are loving your Pit Barrel Cooker! Never hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns.

I may of sent a new customer your way  8) My coworker loves my PBC
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:16:17 AM »
Sounds like a great first cook and you got the PBC goodies that will make for an enjoyable cook every time
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:26:24 AM »

I may of sent a new customer your way  8) My coworker loves my PBC

Thanks, Kona! Appreciate the good words and business  :)

Offline TexasRob

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:31:07 PM »
Same here Kona...my co worker was amazed at the cooks I was telling her about and the ease of the cooker. She is looking into getting her husband one for a Anniversary/Father's day gift.

I couldn't recommend the cooker enough to her.

Yes I went all out with the goodies on my newest toy!
MasterForge
KJBJ
WSM 18.5
PBC

Thermopens
Maverick ET-732
BBQ Guru DigiQ