Author Topic: I have sold my first PBC!  (Read 2638 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
I have sold my first PBC!
« Reply #-1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:04:29 PM »
No...I didn't sell MY PBC, I had someone ask me about a smoker being that I have so many different types. He was either going to buy a Pellet Grill or an entry level Kamado (Akorn). I went over the merits and ease of use for each then the idea struck me to suggest the PBC, so......that's what I did. I pointed him to the PBC website, let him watch some videos and make his choice based on that. Well, he messaged me back saying that he had made his choice and it was the PBC!

I've been responsible for a handful of sales of my brand of Kamado and Pellet Pooper but this was my first PBC. I feel glad to have brought the joy of BBQ to someone and feel honored they value my judgement enough to even ask for a recommendation to begin with!

Once he gets it and starts using it, I am going to invite him here so he can learn from you guys ;)

I have also reinforced the buying decision of someone that is already here, he was going to get it no matter what I said though, lol. I am glad he pulled the trigger!

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: I have sold my first PBC!
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:12:56 PM »
Good going!    That's a good thing for everyone
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Sandman

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »
I have a buddy that is on the edge of pulling the trigger.

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 06:31:11 PM »
They are pretty easy to sell after someone eats some food that has been cooked on one. I love hearing someone say "there is no way all that food was cooked on that little drum and it taste like real bbq".  ;D
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
It is always a good feeling to point someone in the right direction  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TexasRob

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:11:47 PM »
Nice work Jason!  I have two co workers who love my cook pictures  and stories on the ease of the PBC....one of them is looking to get one for her hubby as Father's Day/Wedding Anniversary gift. Another co worker was on fence between PBC and a WSM. I own both now... but leading him towards the PBC...just love the ease of this cooker!

-Rob
MasterForge
KJBJ
WSM 18.5
PBC

Thermopens
Maverick ET-732
BBQ Guru DigiQ

Offline RG

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
It's not my favorite cooker (I don't mean that to sound as bad as it does) but it has it's merits. For someone new starting out and wondering what to get at a good price, I had no hesitation in steering him toward the PBC and I think he'll be happy with it!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline viscera912

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 06:33:27 PM »
ive referred both my brother in laws and now they are owners as well!!!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »
It's not my favorite cooker (I don't mean that to sound as bad as it does) but it has it's merits. For someone new starting out and wondering what to get at a good price, I had no hesitation in steering him toward the PBC and I think he'll be happy with it!

And..that is a valid point because this the market that the PBC is SOOOO appealing for! It is a much of a "set-and forget" charcoal cooker as exists. And - ZERO assembly. Great bang for the buck.

For those that like to fiddle with their cookers, and are more gadget oriented folks ( o.k. - I am self-identifying here... :D ) there are many other cookers that are fun too. But, I am willing to bet - the PBC offers a higher percentage of "1st timer success" than anything out there. It's just that easy to use.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 09:27:57 PM »

RG I think you are right about being a good first cooker. I wish they had them when I started. By the way what is your favorite cooker ?
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline RG

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »

RG I think you are right about being a good first cooker. I wish they had them when I started. By the way what is your favorite cooker ?

I don't want to say in PBC's forum, lol. I'll pm you instead  ;)