Author Topic: Often imitated......  (Read 1150 times)

Offline JimmyV

Often imitated......
« Reply #-1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:36:25 PM »
Not to cause any hating on anyone but I just saw an ad for the Barrel House Cooker. They're basically a copy of the PBC with a few changes. Also their ads make pretty much the same claims as the PBC. Looks like the barrelution is spreading to include more barrel smokers with hanging meat from other companies.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Often imitated......
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:54:39 PM »
If my memory serves me correctly PBC is in a legal fight with that company.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 03:57:48 PM »
You all know what all the presidents of these grill companies are saying to their R & D departments

Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline JimmyV

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:02:53 PM »
I love my PBC. There's nothing gimmicky to worry about and it's high quality construction that you know will last.

Offline Admin2

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 07:51:28 PM »
As PBC OWNS this thread section Gentlemen - it is poor form to be discussing a competitive brand in PBC's space.  So, we are not going to do that, just as I would not come to your mom's house and talk about how much I like my Mom's cornbread better...just bad to do that.

Secondarily - there is pending legal action between PBC and ..."those other guys" whose name I will not even use. Because I know the nature of the legal matter - it will not be discussed either, because we owe PBC deference and respect as a Site Sponsor.

Let's just allow the legal system to ( hopefully) do the right thing. Once the dust settles, ..*IF* and ONLY if...Noah and Amber want to comment about this they may. But LTBBQ will steer clear of the topic - and any reference to "the other brand" for now.