Author Topic: Butt help  (Read 7357 times)

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: Butt help
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »
Nicely done!

I'll take some on a bun with some slaw.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline tekn50

• tekn50
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 09:56:45 AM »
Looks like you got it. :D
Dave
Weber Kettle x1 now
PBC
Traeger Jr. Elite

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »
Very nicely done!
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline grossie

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »
Thanks everyone!

It tasted very good. This thread worked out great (special thanks to Muebe). I was able to use the PBC to cook a pork butt that's as good as the ones I was cranking out with my BEESR.

At this point, I think I safely move my TBE and BEESR off the patio. Not quite ready to donate them to Tommy yet, though!

And I'm either going to grab some slaw on the way home, or try to make some for myself. Depends on what time I get out of here.  :-)
PBC
Cabela's Ultimate Cookstation
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 03:37:08 PM »
Thanks everyone!

It tasted very good. This thread worked out great (special thanks to Muebe). I was able to use the PBC to cook a pork butt that's as good as the ones I was cranking out with my BEESR.

At this point, I think I safely move my TBE and BEESR off the patio. Not quite ready to donate them to Tommy yet, though!

And I'm either going to grab some slaw on the way home, or try to make some for myself. Depends on what time I get out of here.  :-)

I keep my BEESR on my patio with all my other outdoor coking gear.  The BEESR comes in handy to roast other stuff, like the vegetables, while the meat is cooking in one of my other cookers.  And I still like to use the BEESR for a change of cooking method when I don't want to mess with charcoal.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »
Thanks everyone!

It's patently obvious that you do NOT need any help with your butts, regardless of the cooker you use.

As far as slaw, Lexington Style for me please, as it is the ONLY slaw for pulled pork ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline grossie

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 08:54:52 PM »
I'm not generally much into sauce,  but tonight I decided to have a sammy with slaw and added some Ass Kickin' Roasted Garlic wing hot sauce to the leftover pork. A little rice and tomato slices with Instant Gourmet sprinkled on (I miss Phil) and it was even better the second time around. I really enjoyed the kick that the sauce added.

Plated
PBC
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
That's a great looking plate, nicely done.  ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline happyappy

• Go Apps!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 08:51:20 AM »

It's patently obvious that you do NOT need any help with your butts, regardless of the cooker you use.

As far as slaw, Lexington Style for me please, as it is the ONLY slaw for pulled pork ! !

Amen Brother!  Lexington-Style slaw is the bomb with pulled pork.  I also love it with grilled/smoked chicken.  The recipe you posted is pretty much the same as I use.  Just be sure to let it sit in the fridge at least overnight.  The vinegar and sugar really change the character of the slaw given some time to work.

BD
Camp Chef Pellet Grill
BEESR
Cook Air Grill
Weber Genesis
Barrel House Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »
I recognize that Lexington style slaw is popular....and I like it too. But a good Texas Hill  Country slaw is great on pork as well. No mayo....sweetened vinegar. Celery seeds and black pepper....Works well even on Eastern USA style pork ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 11:14:28 AM »
Thanks everyone!

OH boy, at least your thinking of me ;)     Kimmie would be so happy to add another cooker to the heard  :D :D :D ??? ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline grossie

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 03:16:58 PM »

What we need to do is start a collection and send you a PBC so we can find out what you can do with it!
PBC
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 04:39:52 PM »

What we need to do is start a collection and send you a PBC so we can find out what you can do with it!

I bet we'd see an infrared PBC as soon as he gets his hands on it.  :P
----------------------

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 04:36:10 AM »
Maybe I missed it but what was the weight and how long did it take?
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »
That Poke Butt came out great  8)   The cooking grate is located in the "Sweet Spot" (where the meat usually is when hanging) so you get the same great results without the fear of something coming un-hooked............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32