Author Topic: Problem  (Read 2525 times)

Offline tn_5568

Problem
« Reply #-1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »
I have had my Pbc since November. My only problem is my $700 pellet grill/smoker hasn't hardly had the cover off since then.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Problem
« on: January 02, 2015, 08:47:46 PM »
 :D :D :D

It happens. But, you find times when you need the pellet grill - or both to complete the job at hand. I love my PBC too. ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 06:54:01 AM »
The PBC does a lot of things great! I am sure you will find uses for your pellet grill too.

I use my pellet grill for making ribs and pulled pork. Also grilling steaks and such.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Hub

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »
I have two pellet machines and use both a lot.  The PBC does the world's best chicken halves and imparts a great charcoal flavor for friends and family cooks but it isn't very versatile across the range of grilling/smoking/baking/roasting/searing.  The best smoked food and all my competition foods (trophies on the mantel) are from the pellet cookers because of their much greater range of capability.  I love my PBC but it is only one "gun" in my arsenal  ;D

Hub 
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 11:35:08 AM »
 That is the fun of having numerous pits......which one to use for a specific type of meal  8)

If I got things to do the pellet grill is very handy. If I gotta just grill, I grab the PK. When I am just hanging around or if I want the best chicken ever the PBC gets fired up. If I want to tend the fire, out comes the Weber Kettle with charcoal baskets........you can never have enough cookers.....
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »
That is the fun of having numerous pits......which one to use for a specific type of meal  8)

If I got things to do the pellet grill is very handy. If I gotta just grill, I grab the PK. When I am just hanging around or if I want the best chicken ever the PBC gets fired up. If I want to tend the fire, out comes the Weber Kettle with charcoal baskets........you can never have enough cookers.....

You can say THAT again. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 01:36:08 PM »
What Smoke said...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »
I have had my Pbc since November. My only problem is my $700 pellet grill/smoker hasn't hardly had the cover off since then.

I had a similar problem when I got my pellet grill, all other cookers got neglected for a while.  But I've since learned to balance the use of all of them and my family of outdoor cookers are happy again.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline tn_5568

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:18:44 PM »
I am sure my pellet grill will get used for all grilling and easy cooks during the week. The new hasn't worn off the Pbc yet so I am using it a lot now