Author Topic: Total bummer, mine took a blow below the belt during shipping.  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Paul Hart

Total bummer, mine took a blow below the belt during shipping.
« Reply #-1 on: January 16, 2015, 01:53:13 PM »
Something gouged through the box and took almost 3 inches of paint and metal off the drum. Total bummer. I have meat waiting on it and I was about to fire it up but I'm going to wait for them to reply to my email and see how they want me to proceed first.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline Paul Hart

Just my luck. I'm mainly concerned about it rusting too fast there with no finish on it. It shaved some metal off with it.  :(
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline hikerman

Re: Total bummer, mine took a blow below the belt during shipping.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »
That is a bummer!
Did you call Noah or Amber? Might get a quicker response.

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »
No I emailed them so they could see the pics. Maybe I'll call.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
I can truly empathize.  I had that happen with a lower Shelf and Split grate I ordered for our MAK a couple years ago.   UPS damaged it in shipping.

I would also give them a call.  Knowing what I know about Noah and Amber, I bet this will be handled very quickly and they will have you up and running quicker than you think!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 02:23:04 PM »
I have to agree - give them a call, faster than email and they are dedicated to excellent service.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »
They certainly are! He was willing to do WHATEVER I wanted to keep me happy and I actually declined a very generous offer from him. In the end all I asked for was a cover and some rubs, because I don't feel like it was their fault in any way, and I'm hoping the cover will help the damaged area last longer. After I touch it up on my own. 
He was super nice and very interested in keeping me happy. I'm satisfied with the outcome.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »
They certainly are! He was willing to do WHATEVER I wanted to keep me happy and I actually declined a very generous offer from him. In the end all I asked for was a cover and some rubs, because I don't feel like it was their fault in any way, and I'm hoping the cover will help the damaged area last longer. After I touch it up on my own. 
He was super nice and very interested in keeping me happy. I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Ya gotta love these folks!
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline hikerman

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
We are in an era of buying from big box stores and cost is the bottom line. After a transaction they don't want to hear from you,  problem or no problem. The BEST deal is the one where BOTH sides feel good about the deal. Noah and Amber are a blast from the past, much like going downtown to the stores you've dealt with for years and years.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 03:00:55 PM »
We are in an era of buying from big box stores and cost is the bottom line. After a transaction they don't want to hear from you,  problem or no problem. The BEST deal is the one where BOTH sides feel good about the deal. Noah and Amber are a blast from the past, much like going downtown to the stores you've dealt with for years and years.

Couldn't have said it better!
Member #

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 03:26:58 PM »
That stinks, so sorry to hear.   Nothing like getting excited about a new grill then only to find it's damaged  :( :( :( :(

Just glad you worked it out with Noah, they really seem to run a great company.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:52:54 PM by TMB »
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »
I just fired up the chimney and I've had the chicken (little 3 1/2 pounder) and a 5lb pork butt in the fridge doing their thing with the PBC rubs for about 40 min. Not quite long enough but I'm way anxious. I'm also afraid I'll fall asleep if I don't keep busy and then not wake up til 2am. (Been up since yesterday afternoon)  So I'll prob set this stuff in there when it seems to be ready and set an alarm and go nap for 90 min and get up and check the chicken and General progress out. As simple as it seems it suddenly feels like I'm in over my head. Wish me luck!
I tried to trim most of that overly thick fat cap off of the pork butt. That's no easy task. I need better utensils. Next time the meat dept guy gets to do it.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline hikerman

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 03:55:43 PM »
Paul if you allow the coals to get going before you put your meat on and follow the timelines from the videos, you'll be eating good tonight!  Good luck!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »
The videos on the PBC site are spot on. Make sure you have your vent adjusted for your specific altitude and you should be just fine.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about the damage to your PBC.

Noah and Amber are great people and you get hands down the best customer service around!

I bet he offered to let you keep that one and ship you out another ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven