Author Topic: Tips For Cooking Cut Up Chicken Pieces Using The Grilling Grate ?  (Read 658 times)

Offline ChrisD46

Tips For Cooking Cut Up Chicken Pieces Using The Grilling Grate ?
« Reply #-1 on: January 30, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »
I want to try cut up chicken pieces on my PBC using the supplied grilling grate and lump charcoal - any tips of methods you would like to share ? Take lid off or keep lid on ? Keep both  rebar rods in or remove one (or both) rebar rods ?
My PBC usually runs approx. 270 degrees F. and in order to get chicken crispy , I believe the secret is to push temps up to 325 ~ 350 degrees F . *(I already am aware of drying the chicken skin on a fridge rack for 24 hrs.) ... Thanks in advance for your replies on your PBC cooking set up for cut chicken pieces !!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
I would cook them in the same configuration as if hanging chicken, that is lid on and rebars in until the end of the cook then use what ever method works for you to crisp up the skin.  Remove rebars or crack lid or remove lid or a combination of them.  I've done chicken wings in my PBC with the lid on and rebars in, near the end ~10 minutes I removed the lid to crisp up the skin.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)