Author Topic: Just ordered mine...  (Read 3046 times)

Offline djm3801

• Food is love.
Just ordered mine...
« Reply #-1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:17:06 PM »
After some thought and help from members in the General Discussion area, ordered mine today. Called general phone number to ask a question about the US Army decal and if all units being shipped were the newer model with thicker steel and porcelain paint and Noah answered the phone. Very helpful. So - he advised the newer ones are being shipped and I will have mine in time for next weekend.

My wife and I eat a lot of chicken and I am hopeful that this puppy will produce chickens as amazing as all the folks here say. I would NOT have bought this but for the testimonials of many here who I know to be great cooks from a past defunct forum (Char Broil Sizzle forum). I am also anxious to try ribs in this. I like smoked ribs - my wife prefers the ones I cook on the grill cause she does not like smoked taste. I feel this may be the best of both worlds.

Hope to post some cook photos in a week or so.

Dan M
Food - It's all good.

Char Broil 4 burner RED
Big Easy
Masterbuilt 40" ss electric smoker
WSM 18"
Large Big Green Egg
Roundboy wood burning pizza oven
Master Grill 3 burner
18" Old Smokey
Chef's Choice 610 slicer - Great tool
New Pit Barrel Cooker (PCB)
Retired Char Broil smoker (RIP old friend)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Just ordered mine...
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:38:16 PM »
WOO HOO!!  Great news!!  You will love your new toy.  My wife insists that I cook our wings on our PBC.  They have the right crispness to her.  If she is happy, ...  You know the rest.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 12:01:52 AM »
Congratulations Dan!  You will be very happy with your new toy! 

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:45 AM »
You're gonna love the chicken from the PBC, you won't be disappointed. ;)

My first batch of chicken I did in my PBC my wife took some to work and shared it with her co-workers and they wanted to know how I cooked it.  She tried to describe it to them, so I made copies of the brochure that came with my PBC and she took them to work and handed them out at work.  It seems we have a PBC reveloution going on around here.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:49:39 AM »
Congrats. I made some incredible ribs using meatheads Memphis dust the other night.
A dual probe remote control thermometer is your best friend. Get one immediately.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline RAD

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 06:58:18 AM »
Can't wait to start seeing your cooks again.
Love to cook and eat

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 08:56:34 AM »
From what I hear you will be very HAPPY with the PBC, congrats
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »
Congratulations, you made a very good decision.  Do chicken halves and follow Noah's video and you are in for one tasty supper......... :P :P
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 10:41:41 AM »
PBC chicken is the best chicken I have had period. I always thought my Big Easy chicken was the best and although really good the PBC is better!

You made a wise decision and will not be dissappointed when it comes to it's chicken prowess ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »
From what I hear you will be very HAPPY with the PBC, congrats

Are you gonna work on Kimme for a PBC next?  That new shiny model they got would look real good next to that Rec Tec. ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 11:10:51 AM »
PBC chicken is the best chicken I have had period. I always thought my Big Easy chicken was the best and although really good the PBC is better!

You made a wise decision and will not be dissappointed when it comes to it's chicken prowess ;)

Same here, my BEESR chicken is now a close second to my PBC chicken.  I only do chcicken in my BEESR when I want a different smoke flavor, like my favorite cherry wood smoked chicken.
----------------------

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »

X2!

And like Smoke says - Noah's video is spot on for making chicken.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #