Author Topic: Do our pellets work with a Traeger Grill? YES - read on for more info!  (Read 1213 times)

Offline GrillGirl@cookinpellets

We received a great Customer question and wanted to share the answer with everyone.

Question: "Will your premium pellets and bulk pellets work with a Traeger Grill without any problems with plugging or slowing down the automatic feed?"

Answer from Chris the owner of Cookinpellets:

I was a pellet user before I ever made them. In fact I wasn't happy with the pellets I was buying at the time. I am NOT knocking them...just wasn't enough flavor. So 9 years ago I started making them and haven't looked back!

I still use my 12 year old treager with out any issues. I, along with thousands of others using our pellets in treagers and every other type of pellet grill made have had no issues.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
I use cookinpellets perfect mix exclusively with my Memphis and have been very impressed with their flavor and burn rate.

I also had used them with my Traeger with the same results.

My next bulk purchase will be cookinpellets again.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Hub

Cookingpellets.com is one of the premier providers of high quality pellets for cooking.  Traeger, for years, has pushed the idea that you must use only their pellets.  This is just a statement, is unenforceable for any warranty purpose, and maybe helps them sell a few pellets but not much.  I've never heard of anyone who believed them for very long, anyway.

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Traegers angle is kinda like when you buy a printer. You get a deal on the printer and they get you on the cartridge refills. The idea that they say only using their pellets is ludicrous.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
I have used a bag of CookinPellets that Old Dave gave me at the last Gathering. They were hickory pellets and I really liked the smell and the taste they put in the food. They burned real hot and I had very little ash. I have an imitation Traeger and the pellets worked perfectly. I think that I used fewer pellets than normal because they burned so clean and hot. I would highly recommend Cookin Pellets for any pellet pooper.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
My home built pellet pooper uses a Traeger burner an at the 2013 Gathering I took it with me.  Tee gave me  CookinPellets  to tryout and they work very well. No issues at all with the auger jamming and the smoke was wonderful.  If you will look at the video of the  gathering you can smell see the smoke from it with CookinPellets 

24.08 mins into the video
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:46:13 PM by TMB »
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION