Author Topic: Mothers Day Plans?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Mothers Day Plans?
« Reply #-1 on: May 11, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals, what plans to you have for this weekend? We're going to the Renaissance Festival Saturday and then Sunday morning I am getting up early to cook a butt and brisket on the KBQ for the wife. She has been wanting a brisket so I went to Restaurant Depot today and bought 2 of them for her. One for this weekend, one for another time.

Now I just need to get her a gift of some sorts, lol!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Mothers Day Plans?
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals, what plans to you have for this weekend? We're going to the Renaissance Festival Saturday and then Sunday morning I am getting up early to cook a butt and brisket on the KBQ for the wife. She has been wanting a brisket so I went to Restaurant Depot today and bought 2 of them for her. One for this weekend, one for another time.

How about that boat she wants ??? ??? ??? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 04:26:43 PM »
Going to my sisters for BBQ (which I didn't make) so We'll see :-X :-X :-X

As for gift(s)  Kimmie got a new deck and a storm shelter what more could a lady ask for?  :D :D :D :D

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline RG

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »
LOL! Boat? Nah. Not yet. I like the new deck idea though!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:54:51 AM by RG »
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline DWard51

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 10:58:37 PM »

Say hi to my daughter. She's working in the soap shop at the Renaissance Festival this year.

One daughter is working, the other moved out of state and her husband is working, so it will be a quiet day for us (both our mom's are no longer with us).  We are actually thinking of catching an early showing of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  Logic is most people will be taking their mom's to lunch out and it will not be crowded.  Probably smoke some ribs for supper on the WSM, but it will be just the two of us.

Offline RG

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »

Say hi to my daughter. She's working in the soap shop at the Renaissance Festival this year.

One daughter is working, the other moved out of state and her husband is working, so it will be a quiet day for us (both our mom's are no longer with us).  We are actually thinking of catching an early showing of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  Logic is most people will be taking their mom's to lunch out and it will not be crowded.  Probably smoke some ribs for supper on the WSM, but it will be just the two of us.

I'll look for your daughter at the soap shop. I don't want to come across as a weirdo and yell "Who's Dad smokes ribs?" My daughter would just end up pointing at me, LOL!! My mom passed away 20 years ago almost to the day so I know how it feels. I can't stand my MIL but that's a whole nother story :P (I just realized that nother isn't even a word, but that too is a whole nother story!)

You'll like GOTG2, it's a really fun movie. Don't leave once the credits start though, in typical Marvel fashion, there's things to stick around for. This one has 5 (I think) post credit scenes. I don't mind those but it IS getting a little ridiculous, especially when you've got a 44 oz soda in your bladder. I'm going to just start peeing in the cup I guess :)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

As for gift(s)  Kimmie got a new deck and a storm shelter what more could a lady ask for?  :D :D :D :D
You sound just like Uncle Dee with his thoughtful gifts to Carol...just sayin.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 10:27:44 AM »
I just look forward to the annual phone call from the ex- Mrs. Tee....the one where she wishes me a "Happy Muthah's Day"..... ??? ::) :o 8) ;D :D ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 10:41:17 AM »

Tommy your are right...You can't spoil her  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 07:39:33 PM »
I been celebratin' Muthas Day for three weeks...

Got to hang with some of my favorite muthas: LA, IR2DUM, and dee.
   Sent SWMBO to California to celebrate with her daughter, granddaughter, and family, thereby taking me off several hooks.
   Met the new granddaughter and visited with her mother and grandmother (my ex) in Savannah.
   Got out of going to an overcrowded Mothers' Day brunch (daughter and SIL going to celebrate with his mother - a total whack job).
   Got to shop at a real Bass Pro store (much more fun than online and the military discount more than balances the sales tax).
   Got my very best friend ever (the ex's current husband who took all my problems away from me and made them his own) to plan the "pre-Mother's Day" family celebration tomorrow. All I have to do is show up and drink.
   Planned my Mother's Day road trip to Mobile (on my way back to New Orleans to fly home) to buy Conecuh sausage to take back to Hawaii.

I love my life, even on someone else's holiday.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Pappymn

Mothers Day Plans?
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 08:50:52 PM »
The Turtle is my hero
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »
The Turtle is my hero

Indeed...he is a legend in his own shell..... :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 08:43:34 AM »
So...the day has arrived! Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mamas that are on here! I woke up at 5 and got the brisket ready, got it on the smoker at about 6:20 for some reason. Well, in all actuality, I know the reason. I got the KBQ fired up with some lump and then put some wood on it but it really never caught fire like I am used to. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why! Well, after the morning haze broke (mostly in my head mind you) I was able to see that I didn't have the firebox in its proper place and the fan wasn't drawing to stoke the fire. Once I re-positioned it where it was in its "slot", it started glowing like Chernobyl! So......due to that little oversight, it cost me some time. Oh well!

I now smell like smoke, not a bad thing. Few things smell as good as the smoke rolling from a KBQ! I actually washed my truck already this morning while smelling that smoke, lol! I'll post some pics of the brisket later. Sadly, I didn't smoke a butt, it wasn't anywhere close to being thawed so I put it back in the freezer. Maybe in the next week or 2 I'll get to it.

Have a wonderful day!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 09:15:19 AM »

Tommy your are right...You can't spoil her  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Your right but it's the romantic part of me  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
Grass fed burgers and flat iron steak yesterday.  More of the burgers (since round one turned out so well, I used my second pack as well) and beef back ribs today.  I guess the beef theme is obvious.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS