Author Topic: Smoked Low Carb Meatza Pie  (Read 1308 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Smoked Low Carb Meatza Pie
« Reply #-1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »

Have you ever heard of a Meatza Pie? It's a Low-Carb Pizza that uses meat for the crust instead of a traditional pizza dough. It's been 5 months since I cooked one of these and now I'm wondering why I waited so long!! Smoked a simple meatloaf recipe for the crust on my MAK 2 Star using Cookinpellets.com Premium Perfect Mix pellets. Topped the smoked/cooked meat crust with some of my favorite toppings and even added some pineapple chunks for the dear wife ... A true meat lover's delight!

Smoked the Meatza crust for 30 minutes at 180ºF before bumping the MAK 2 Star pit temp to 400ºF. Finished the crust by cooking it for another 15-20 minutes till the crust internal temperature reached 160ºF.

Topped the Meatza Pie crust with shredded mozzarella, pizza sauce, more shredded mozzarella, ham, dry salami, pepperoni, red onions, sliced black olives, sliced mushrooms, finished with shredded mozzarella and some pineapple chunks.

Placed the Meatza Pie back into the 400ºF MAK 2 Star for 12-15 minutes and cooked the pie until the the cheese was melted and bubbly. Let the Meatza Pie rest for 5 minutes before serving a slice with a side of green salad.

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline Smokerjunky

Re: Smoked Low Carb Meatza Pie
« on: July 31, 2017, 12:57:18 PM »
Man I have to try that - it looks FANTASTIC!
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:25:47 PM »
MANGIA!!!!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »
Holly crap!. Man does that look good.  Meat has crust.  Super cool.  Is this recipe in your cookbook?. And where can I buy one and how do I get my cookbook signed?. Since I known a famous author for a long time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:22:55 PM by sparky »
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »
On my list to do! :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »
Now that is something I could really sink my teeth into  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

Smoked Low Carb Meatza Pie
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »
I'm gonna try this one
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 09:49:47 PM »
great idea.  You're making me want to get back on my low carb diet.  I forgot how delicious it could be!
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »
Holly crap!. Man does that look good.  Meat has crust.  Super cool.  Is this recipe in your cookbook?. And where can I buy one and how do I get my cookbook signed?. Since I known a famous author for a long time.

Thanks for the kind word Sparky. Unfortunately this recipe is not in my cookbook but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have concerning this cook.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes (if so moderators please edit this part) but you can buy my "The Wood Pellet Smoker and Grill Cookbook" from Amazon. Here's the link: http://amzn.to/2f5xyOx ... (I've sold almost 10,000 copies of the cookbook). It would be my pleasure to sign the cookbook for you ... maybe we could meet half way somewhere for lunch before you migrate to Alabama. I'm envious cause we keep using the grandchildren as an excuse for not leaving Cali ... One of these days soon we're gone too!!
Char Broil SRG

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 08:06:49 PM »

Thanks for the kind word Sparky. Unfortunately this recipe is not in my cookbook but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have concerning this cook.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes (if so moderators please edit this part) but you can buy my "The Wood Pellet Smoker and Grill Cookbook" from Amazon. Here's the link: http://amzn.to/2f5xyOx ... (I've sold almost 10,000 copies of the cookbook). It would be my pleasure to sign the cookbook for you ... maybe we could meet half way somewhere for lunch before you migrate to Alabama. I'm envious cause we keep using the grandchildren as an excuse for not leaving Cali ... One of these days soon we're gone too!!

Ok, just ordered the book..  When it gets here can I send it to you to get signed?
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 09:35:04 PM »

Ok, just ordered the book..  When it gets here can I send it to you to get signed?

Yes you may but what about return shipping? How far are you from Ripon?
Char Broil SRG