Author Topic: Great Folks Here ! !  (Read 30629 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Great Folks Here ! !
« Reply #-1 on: December 22, 2015, 12:24:05 PM »
Let me apologize,in advance, for the length of this post.  But I just feel that it has to be said.

So, I ordered a 12" tube and some pellets for my SIL down in Fla.  He's got a big gas grill, but wanted me to show him how to cook some pork butts while I was down over Thanksgiving.

Everything went great with the cook and the BBQ was a big hit for the Sunday Football Games.

Fast forward, I get home and decide to order another one for other SIP as a Christmas gift,and then, what-the-heck, one for myself.  I even got a Cyber-Monday discount and free shipping.

Well, I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting and nothing.  So I contacted Todd and he tracked it down.  The Post Office decided, after 25 years of dropping off packages on my front porch that this package was too valuable, but didn't bother to leave a note.  A quick call to the USPS and the package would be delivered the next day.

I get home from work on Friday and there's the box.  I open it up in anticipation and, low and behold, there are two bags of pellets but only one tube.  Keep in mind that this is just this past Friday.   At least, my SIL's Christmas is taken care of.

A quick email back to Todd Friday night.  He responds Saturday morning telling me that the other Tube will be on its way shortly and asks whose initials are on the packing slip.  Sunday, I emailed a scanned copy of the slip to him.  I also told him that I'd visited his website and saw his new adjustable tubes.  I told him that if I'd seen them earlier, I would asked about swapping out the delinquent tube for one of them and sending him the difference.

Later Sunday evening, he asked that I let him know when the replacement arrived.

Just to make a long story longer . . . . . . my daughter and SIL from Fla. are up for Christmas.  Yesterday (Monday) evening they were coming over for dinner.  When they walked in, my daughter handed me a package.  It was from A-Maze-N !! Wow, that was fast ! !

I opening it up and found my missing 12" tube AND another bag of pellets AND one of the new adjustable tubes  ! ! !

Now I'm sure that is just one example of how the vendors who support this site go out of their way to take good care of LTBBQ members.  But, I just had to let the rest of you know my, personal, story.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Great Folks Here ! !
« on: December 22, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »
WOW! Great story of great customer service!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »

Yes, it is.  We have great vendors on this site.  They are part of what makes LTBBQ the best.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 12:54:18 PM »
Great story.  I think I told this story once, but I actually bought my tube smoker "used" (it had never been taken out of the packaging) for really cheap and not from A-MAZE-N or even Amazon.  I had a question about it, so I called A-MAZE-N.  Todd got on the line, and even after I explained that I had not bought it new he had no problem supporting the product and we spent probably a half hour chatting about a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with the tube smoker.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 01:31:08 PM »
Awesome customer service and a great sponsor!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
"Cream of the crop" as they here in the South.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »
Really cool!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pappymn

Great Folks Here ! !
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 03:00:54 PM »
Love great service stories
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 06:52:27 AM »
X3
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline Cinredman

Great Folks Here ! !
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »
A company who just freaking "gets it" when it comes to customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Weber Silver
Weber Kettle
Big Easy SRG
Chef Camp Pellet (PG24LTD)

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 09:41:38 PM »
We do have great sponsors, but also great members. A lot of people would have taken to the internet and start trashing them at the first hiccup. You had a glitch and talked to them and they more than made up for it. You came on here and let us know. Many people only report the negative. Good for them and good for.you.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 10:02:23 PM »
BD - that is just who Todd is. He is driven like all of our sponsors to provide innovative products, and service beyond your expectations. That is hard to do - because - well sometimes the customers not always right...But - Todd tries to take care of folks in a way that set a high benchmark for other companies to attain.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »
We do have great sponsors, but also great members. A lot of people would have taken to the internet and start trashing them at the first hiccup. You had a glitch and talked to them and they more than made up for it. You came on here and let us know. Many people only report the negative. Good for them and good for.you.

I agree and second Ken's comments.