Author Topic: Second flat top cook  (Read 20472 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Second flat top cook
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 01:04:13 PM »
Pam - sounds like you are having a blast!

Pappy - I'll try to describe what pinball league is...we have a little over 20 folks that get together and go to members houses and play pinball. We usually break up into groups of four and play against each other. This league (in Columbus) plays five games every time we get together. You play in a different group every time you meet. At the end of the season, you are ranked based on the standings from the previous weeks (8 weeks, I think - they throw out your two lowest scores). During finals, they take the rankings and make three groups. Those players play x number of games, head-to-head with the winner moving on and the loser going into the loser's bracket, until each group has a winner.

Wow, that was a lot more difficult to explain than I anticipated. Here's the easier verison:
Pinball league is a chance for me to go play a bunch of pinball machines that I wouldn't normally get to play. For free.  :-)

When I think of pinball, I imagine the "old days." 5 balls for a nickel, just one pair of flippers, real bumpers - not electronic, you could "move" the machine a bit before the tilt (you had to know the limits of a particular machine - took MANY games to learn)... The good old "clunk" when you racked up a game... ohhhh those were the days....
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pappymn

Second flat top cook
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »

Pappy - I'll try to describe what pinball league is...we have a little over 20 folks that get together and go to members houses and play pinball. We usually break up into groups of four and play against each other. This league (in Columbus) plays five games every time we get together. You play in a different group every time you meet. At the end of the season, you are ranked based on the standings from the previous weeks (8 weeks, I think - they throw out your two lowest scores). During finals, they take the rankings and make three groups. Those players play x number of games, head-to-head with the winner moving on and the loser going into the loser's bracket, until each group has a winner.

Wow, that was a lot more difficult to explain than I anticipated. Here's the easier verison:
Pinball league is a chance for me to go play a bunch of pinball machines that I wouldn't normally get to play. For free.  :-)

When I think of pinball, I imagine the "old days." 5 balls for a nickel, just one pair of flippers, real bumpers - not electronic, you could "move" the machine a bit before the tilt (you had to know the limits of a particular machine - took MANY games to learn)... The good old "clunk" when you racked up a game... ohhhh those were the days....
Man you are old :)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »

Man you are old :)

Yes I am - but, you must be as well to recognize it...  ;D ;) ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline grossie

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:58 PM »
drholly - well, if you are ever around Dayton, Ohio, look me up. I've got more of the old pinball machines than the newer ones. They are a lot of fun. And a lot less expensive!
PBC
Cabela's Ultimate Cookstation
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR

Offline grossie

Second flat top cook
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »
These two are fun

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

[attachments deleted after 6 months]
PBC