Author Topic: air fried soft breadstix  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
air fried soft breadstix
« Reply #-1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:59:45 PM »
I finally found the secret to soft breadstix like Olive Garden.YEAH...I made a pizza last night for supper and had leftover dough because I made a thinner crust pizza.  So I had maybe 4 oz dough left over,  so I rolled it out into a rolls about 6-7 inches long and cut it in 6'ths..then rolled them into balls..cookedin preheated cooker about 400º for 3 minutes, took them out and shook them andput back in for 1 minute..well.. they were just like the OG ones only balls..so I'm gonna make soem more dough and roll into logs and see what I get..soft breadstix..I have been trying this for the longest time..I melted some real butter and added gahhlick and soem marinara sauce..wonderful. 
I'm thinking of cutting up some string cheese and wrapping them in the dough..and cooking too. Time to play now..but that is the basic recipe..plain old pizza dough..go figure.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: air fried soft breadstix
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:44:15 PM »
Nice Pam!

Can you give us some pics of those when you make them? They sound great....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »
They're gone...but I will be making more dough tonight..I make it in a bread machine then let it rise. Roll it finger size...I just need a bigger air frier for longer bread stix. But I will take pics next time I make them for you guys..I'm just thrilled with the soft breadstix tho. Been tryign for a long time for the soft ones.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 11:17:50 PM »
Pam what a great discovery and I will be waiting for the final and copy your recipe.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Pam Gould

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 03:47:25 AM »
Here is my basic recipe for pizza dough.
Pam's Pizza dough
1 1/2 lb                                                                       1 lb
1 cup warm water 110º                                              3/4 c
3 c flour                                                                      2 c
1 tsp salt                                                                    1/2 tsp
2 tbs olive oil                                                              1 1/2 tbs
1 tbs sugar                                                                 2 tsp
1 tbs yeast - I always add extra yeast                                                                2 tsp - I always add extra yeast
1 tbs garlic powder                                                    1 tbs garlic powder
I mix mine in a bread machine, can be made in Kitchenaid or food processor too. I let rise or sit in frig for several days, it gets better with time, it will get an almost sour dough smell when it sits. Roll out how you like it, if too oily, I just dip it in flour and use cormeal or a peel or a pizza pan or stone. You can make more than pizzas with this recipe enjoy.
After a rise then it can be used..I let it mix in bread machine, only 20 minutes, and when done mixing. let it rise or use it.
For breadstix: I just dip in flour all over then portion and roll into long or short thin fingers. Not quite and inch thick because they rise in the AF.
The ones I cut and rolled can be filled with cheese, string cheese works well here. pepperoni with sauce too. and cook  400º for 3 mintues and turn over for 1 minute. I spritz with light olive oil to brown. Oh and spray the bottom pan so they don't stick..Can you tell I'm still working on the recipe?  My thoughts are jumbled.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 11:51:03 AM »
Thanks much.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,