Author Topic: Air Fryier Posts have me curious  (Read 3729 times)

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
Air Fryier Posts have me curious
« Reply #-1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:59:13 PM »
Seems like an air fryer is the real thing.  We have a deep fryer that we haven't used in a few years.  got tired of dealing with the oil for something we only used maybe once a month.

Since counterspace and storage space is always at a premium we've been thinking about the Cuisinart toaster oven/air fryer.  Since it's just bamapat and myself a small oven makes sense, especially in the hot months.  Being able to double as an air fryer is bonus.

https://www.cuisinart.com/products/toaster_ovens/toa-60

anyone have any experience or opinions on this one?  I like the idea of one appliance that can toast, bake, broil, air fry.........
Must be something to it as can't find on in stock at Amazon, Walmart, Kohls or Bed Bath & Beyond.  Good reviews on Amazon.....
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Pappymn

Air Fryier Posts have me curious
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »
I have the power air fryer XL. Works as advertised. Lot of other brands doing some cool designs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Air Fryier Posts have me curious
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »
Watched the video it is cool! I have the Power Air Fryer XL which was great until,it started falling apart and I learned that they don't have more than a 60 day warranty. Since then I purchased the DeLonghi 1363 multi fryer which is a little bit bigger than the XL has a top and bottom heating element and a sealed bottom for liquids and a stirring wand that works great and a one year warranty.  There are a lot of choices when it comes to air fryers get what you think will work for you, make sure to consider the warranty. Lessoned learned for me.  ::)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:58 AM »
I'm still on the fence post waiting an watching you folks.   I just want to see if something new comes out better than the Air Fryer XL and Tom seems to have found a goos unit.  I will be watching his post for sure and if it holds up to his standards I'll pull the trigger on it.

That's AFTER I talk Kimmie into it  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 08:53:01 AM »
We have the Power XL for a couple of years now and Wendy uses it all the time. I like their new version with the rotisserie.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Roget

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »
I may be completely wrong, but to me it it sounds like (after watching the link you posted) that the Cuisinart oven is not really the same as the other "air fryers".

I have a Breville toaster oven which seems to have the exact features as the Cuisinart, including the convection feature.**
It is pretty much just like my convection oven in my range, only smaller.
                                   **The cuisinart does say it has a "high speed fan", so maybe I'm wrong.

It is great for cooking a small batch of something when I don't want to heat up the range oven, but I just don't get the same result as using my dedicated "air fryer"
It is pretty much just baking or broiling, even when you use the convection feature.

Looks like a nice appliance, I'm just not sure it will give the same result as a dedicated airfryer. :-\ :-\
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »
so, basically your saying it's a glorified convention oven with grates for shelves? hmmm was wondering about the..I have seen the info-mercials a couple of times. Thanks for the info...☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline bamabob

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 12:54:48 PM »
I may be completely wrong, but to me it it sounds like (after watching the link you posted) that the Cuisinart oven is not really the same as the other "air fryers".
Looks like a nice appliance, I'm just not sure it will give the same result as a dedicated airfryer. :-\ :-\

I was thinking that also.  We purchased a Cuisinart convection toaster oven last month at Costco when they had them on sale for $79.  This one:
https://www.costco.com/Cuisinart-Deluxe-Convection-Toaster-Oven-Broiler.product.100378875.html?pageSize=96&catalogId=10701&dept=All&langId=-1&keyword=3019850&storeId=10301

Had thought about taking it back and getting the one with the air fryer feature but they seem similar.  The one we have doesn't have a basket, just a tray/drip pan for baking and a rack for toasting or broiling.  Maybe I'll try it on convection bake at 400* and see how close it comes to being fried.  The air fryer toaster oven is bigger than ours but it sure looks like it does about the same thing.

I do like the Delonghi that Tom has.  Concerned about longevity with others.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 01:41:25 PM »
You know that at one time CharBroil had a table top version of the Big Easy  for use INDOORS  ???  ??? Yes you read that right an indoor Big Easy they were testing.

That would have been a cool air fryer :thumbup:

CB Martin told me about it a few years back, his reaction he laughed at them.   They didn't care for that but he did he told me.     

He said it looked like a big FryDaddy  with a mesh lid.   He asked how were you going to deal with the smoke indoors?    They didn't answer him he said.

Would have been a cool little cooker to take camping though. 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 05:44:55 PM »
I don't think I would ever get a dedicated air fryer.  I have a small deep fryer that sits waaaay back in one of my lower cabinets because I never use it.  A combo unit, though, makes a lot of sense to me.  I use my current (cheapo) Black & Decker toaster oven all the time and adding a "fryer" option is something I might try.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline bamabob

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »
I don't think I would ever get a dedicated air fryer.  I have a small deep fryer that sits waaaay back in one of my lower cabinets because I never use it.  A combo unit, though, makes a lot of sense to me.  I use my current (cheapo) Black & Decker toaster oven all the time and adding a "fryer" option is something I might try.
BD

that was our initial thinking.  If we had a toaster oven that could air fry, bake, toast we wouldn't need our toaster or deep fryer anymore.  Even if it's a "jack of all trades, master of none", it would probably get used more than our deep fryer and toaster combined.  It'd be on the countertop instead of tucked away way back in the corner of a corner cabinet on the bottom shelf as our deep fryer currently is.  We like the Cuisinart Toaster Oven we have now, makes great open face sandwiches with melted cheese on top.  Quick and convenient, easy clean up.  If it did a good job with fried green tomatoes, fried okra, fish, chicken wings, it'd be a winner.  From the reviews I've read the Cuisinart toaster oven/air fryer does a good job with the frying part. 
With Costco's liberal return policy we can return the one we have anytime.  I need to find a fryer version in stock to try it out.  But right now it appears they're all sold out at all the stores I've checked and even online.  A good sign I guess.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline bamabob

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:11 PM »
Soon as I finished the post above I tried again online to find one.  Came across this deal on Amazon.  I buy warehouse deals quite often, most of the time the box gets damaged in the warehouse and they sell them as "used".  I clicked on the "add to cart" button.    ;)  I hope it lives up to expectations.  With Amazon we have 30 days to put it through its paces.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 06:10:24 PM by bamabob »

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »
Looking forward to your review of this product...especially the air fry feature.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 08:07:28 PM »
If that would do a load of Tator Tots and Wings, I'm in!
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline bamabob

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
returned the Cuisinart toaster oven that didn't have the air fryer function to Costco today.  Should get the one with the air fryer function from Amazon on Thursday.  Next weekend I hope to try it out.  If it does wings, onion rings or blooming onion, okra, green maters, fish the way we like them it will be a keeper!
got a spot cleared out on the counter waiting for it to occupy  :thumbup:

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4