Author Topic: Hello, everyone; another Southern Californico checking in  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Jo3sh

Re: Hello, everyone; another Southern Californico checking in
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »
It's even possible we've met, then, although I don't get to Falcons meetings very often.

Small world.
Join me in the War on Pigs! Together, we can rid the world of the porcine scourge.

Offline Merrick Bill

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 09:20:33 PM »
I don't get to them as often as I'd like.  I suspect if I actually pulled the trigger on home brewing I'd show up more often.

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline Jo3sh

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 10:10:53 PM »
Get some pictures!

You might be sorry you said that. Watch the Spirits forum for a pic dump coming soon. I imagine there will be one for rockets, too, once I figure out where to put such a thing.
Join me in the War on Pigs! Together, we can rid the world of the porcine scourge.

Offline Hornzbee

• Hooterville, NC
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 11:29:23 PM »

On Saturday, in fact, I will be out in the desert with my rocket AROMA FULL OF RUM (long story). I've been flying it on J motors and eventually I am hoping to get a K in it. The rocket is all fiberglass, 6'7" tall, and launch weight of about 11 pounds. With a mid-J in it, it got 4905 feet last month. Not sure what will happen this month - either I will fly the research load we made, or I will fly another J.

I need to build something larger to take Ls. If I do it right, I might even get a rocket I can also fly Ms in, and do L3 with it. Big rockets are expensive, though.

I've never been to LDRS, but I am hoping to go to BALLS next September. The goal by then is to be flying pretty large research motors reliably. I'm going to have to start building 3" and 4" motor cases, though.

Woah! M's? Yeah, you are talkin money...a lot.  Not that its not worth it.  It also takes a lotta time.  We need to post some videos so these folks understand what we're talkin about here.  At that level, when peeps see it they are stunned by it. And when they are actually witness to it live, in-person they really understand!

Hey, you said you do 10 gal all-grain batches.  What do conduct the mashes/lauter in?  And boil? How do you cool the wort? Ive always done all my mashes in 5gal cornelius kegs with stainless false bottoms.  I actually have a couple old 10gal cornelius kegs(ball lock) but didnt want to cut them up for mashing.  My wish is for a RIMS system but the cost is a bit much.  Actually what I truly want is a true 1bb brew system with a couple conical glycol jacketed fermenters.  THAT would make me very happy yet make the wife very angry.
Yoder YS640
Bradley 6 Shelf
& some cruddy old gas grill

Offline Jo3sh

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »
We may be drifting a bit; let's move the beer/homebrewing discussion over here:

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=1667.0

There's a pic dump there with more than a hundred pictures of my beer exploits. It gets kind of repetitive after a while, I'm afraid, but hey, it's pics.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:38:48 AM by Jo3sh »

Offline Jo3sh

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 01:01:13 AM »