Author Topic: I am back in the saddle again......boat that is.  (Read 9060 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

I am back in the saddle again......boat that is.
« Reply #-1 on: May 15, 2022, 01:59:25 PM »
Hi all It has been sometime since I have been on here & the only update as far as cooking or drinking is a new portable blender that I bought..

So, this year is an expensive year for me as I had to buy a new used engine for my boat as the dealership destroyed the last one…..a long story……I was a year & a half off the water. I bought a 2008 300HP Evinrude e-tec with 320 hours.  My wife will be pleased as it is nice & quiet & burns less gas. After being out of boating for many years before buying this boat a few years ago I was looking forward to this year……But gas $$$$ will slow me down .Shorter trips to two music fests on the water will be most of my boating for this year., I hope to get the grill out on the water this year as food always tastes better in the woods & on the water..,….even my cooking. I am also using zero sugar drink mixers that taste good with my blenders. Along with the real stuff I use non-alcohol whiskeys, tequilas & Rum as I am not fussy the non-alcohol tastes good too.

I did get lucky on Facebook as I found a never used 18-year-old radar for my boat. The people wanted 300.00 for it but then said if I donated $100.00 to Saint Jude’s & a $100.00 to Tunnel to Towers Foundation they would give me the radar for free.  One of those deals that everyone makes out.

Anyway, I hope you are all well!!!!!!

Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: I am back in the saddle again......boat that is.
« on: May 16, 2022, 10:33:43 AM »
Hey...what kind of grill are you using on the boat?  I have a Cobb.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:04:49 PM by Pam Gould »
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 10:11:54 PM »
Hey...what kind of grill are you using on the boat?  I have a Cobb.

Looks great Pam! I have the basic Magma 15 inch gas grill. works well as this is my second one in 30 years. I also use the Hotlogic for taking out hot foods like beans, dip, corn etc. It works well & does not dry out the food. It can also slow cook some foods. https://hotlogic.com/

I would like to try this someday too https://www.wayfair.com/kitchen-tabletop/pdp/presto-nomad-traveling-slow-cooker-06011-pto1296.html

I have 12 volt only on the boat but carry an inverter even though the hotlogic comes in 12 volt too.

That an a 12 volt freezer fridge & I can do everything from ice cream to Cooked steaks.

Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 08:26:25 AM »
My Cobb runs on charcoal or briquettes.  I take it everywhere, just in case. It's 12" across and I have a ton of attachments. Old Dave even made me a rotisserie for it.  I can even do a turkey in it.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 10:55:36 AM »
Sounds like a fun summer!
Where do you find non-alcohol whiskey?  I like the flavor of bourbon, like to make an Arnold Palmer with a little bit of bourbon in it for flavor but can do without the alcohol mid-day.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 09:00:03 AM »
Sounds like a fun summer!
Where do you find non-alcohol whiskey?  I like the flavor of bourbon, like to make an Arnold Palmer with a little bit of bourbon in it for flavor but can do without the alcohol mid-day.

Sorry i am late with an answer been busy. The non-alcohol like anything is loved by some & not liked by others. I happen to like it as I did not think of it as Irish Whiskey but its own flavor. That said I feel like I am drinking a whiskey but that is me lol.

https://www.kegworks.com/ritual-whiskey-alternative-zero-proof-non-alcoholic-750ml/?country=US&currency=USD&keyword=&matchtype=e&device=c&adtype=&productgroup=4585032213115300&productidRIT-WHISKEY&hsa_acc=1228391400&hsa_cam=274517449&hsa_grp=1302921502925111&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=o&hsa_tgt=pla-4585032213115300&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=e&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&msclkid=d5b423f421c511a96487417b58dbaec2&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI)%20Shopping%20-%20All%20Products%20-%20Desktop&utm_term=4585032213115300&utm_content=Catch%20-%20All

Here is a good review on what you get but there are others out there too.
If you're looking for a one-for-one replacement for your favorite whiskey, you will be disappointed. People writing negative reviews are totally missing the point.

If you're looking for an alternative (hint: it's right there in the name of the product) it's not half bad. Does it smell like whiskey? No. Does it taste like whiskey? No really. But, it does have a smooth mellow taste, if a bit sweet, and a slight smoky burn sensation.

So, if you like the sound of a bottle popping, a tasty beverage pouring over ice in your favorite glass? Mixed with some ginger beer or coke? You could do worse!

It's not Jack Daniels. You will NOT get a buzz. But you will have all the niceties of a good drink on a chill evening. Make a fire in the fireplace, turn on some good music and give it a shot.

Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 09:02:38 AM »
My Cobb runs on charcoal or briquettes.  I take it everywhere, just in case. It's 12" across and I have a ton of attachments. Old Dave even made me a rotisserie for it.  I can even do a turkey in it.

Pam as always you are head of the curve. Sounds great & I feel charcoal is the best on the water. A turkey sounds great
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill