Author Topic: Saturday Night Pizza With My Uuni 2  (Read 7293 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Saturday Night Pizza With My Uuni 2
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 06:15:23 AM »
A couple of real tasty looking pizzas Art!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 07:52:03 AM »
I'd be happy to eat either one.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 09:33:17 AM »
Yes I agree it has a learning curve to this cooker, but unlike you I can not give this cooker a HI-FIVE as the best pizza cooker for the money they want for one. Here in Canada it's over 500 bucks just to get it over the border. I respect your reviews on this but mine are different than yours, hope you respect mine as well and I would not recommend this cooker to any of my friends. I'm sorry if that upsets you but that's how I feel. Where you live the weather stays very close to an even temp of 65-80 degrees where as where I live the temps are the same in the summer months but winter is so much different. -10-40 below zero. All I wanted to know was how he improved the pizza oven in the Uuni 2 compared to the Uuni 1 not what i am doing wrong cooking in it. When and if he becomes a sponsor maybe I can give him some praise. Sorry but I can just give this cooker a 1 + and that,s pushing it.

The post was not directed at you. Sorry you made that assumption. You already made it very clear to everyone you do not want any advice or help with your Uuni. Art burned his first pizza in this post. The tips were for him and others that are using this pizza oven. I don't know what you were doing right or wrong because you never accepted any help from me. I was giving tips that work for me so that others who have this oven might benefit and those in the market for one understand what to expect.

I answered your question about the Uuni 2 and even provided a picture. If you have any other questions about the Uuni 2 or your Uuni 1 I would be glad to answer if I can.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 10:50:25 AM »
I generally find that when many others have success with something that I am not feeling successful with...I need to back away, and take a few deep breaths - then ask for other's suggestions and experiences.

The power of a user driven forum is that we are here to share - and help one another. Yeah, sometimes - when something others are just having a great time with.....and me....not so much.....I just have to remember to be patient. And - once I have really given enough time to it...

I either adjust my methods, take advice - and find the keys to success that way...OR - I get rid of the item that frustrates me. ( Amazing how some cookers can learn to fly.... 8) ::) :D )

But - I do not hold it against others for their experiences...good or bad. we all can think of things that were a waste of our own time and /or money, but good for others. That's life. Shrug it off, go on and be happy. ;) ;D

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:40:12 AM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 11:50:43 AM »
Mike I really admire how you back a product you believe in. Kristian should really hire you as a company rep. I also admire your ability to adapt to many different cookers and put out great looking meals from them.
I have never been one to hold back and say what I feel is wrong with a product and I guess that is where you and I see things differently. You have helped many people and I admire you for that also so please carry on. 

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 01:34:57 PM »
OMG.....That is some fantastic looking pizza.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
Saturday night pizza made with garlic naan bread.  Brushed with some olive oil and dusted with garlic powder.  We like garlic!

Thin sliced pepperoni added to each bread.

That is some nice looking pizza! I have to admit I am not a pepperoni guy - just don't like it. But I could sub some sausage slices in your cook and be a happy guy. Thanks for the pics and story!

D

Fresh sliced mozzarella added to the top of each piece.

The fire was a little hot, and I wasn’t watching as closely as I should.  Still tasted good, however.

The last one came out much better for color and doneness.

All-in-all, I would use naan bread again, but only in an emergency.  Next time I will make up Brad’s dough.  His dough recipe is spot on!!

Art
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #