Author Topic: Pit Boss 700 FB Pellet Grill and the return of the Green One!  (Read 54104 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Pit Boss 700 FB Pellet Grill and the return of the Green One!
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »
Nice. I also took out the "finger guard" that is in the hopper. Makes it easier to level your pellets out. I have never adjusted my P settings. The temp swings I think are programmed in for more smoke. Temp swings mean more smoke. Smoke means more flavor  :thumbup:
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Smitty385

Re: Pit Boss 700 FB Pellet Grill and the return of the Green One!
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »
Great review! I've had a pit boss 820 for coming up on 5 years. They changed the style to the slide to sear rather than mine that didn't have that option. My drip tray was not curved like they currently offer. I didn't have to replace anything in the time I've owned it. Pellet consumption did increase in the winter, but nothing drastic. You mentioned a cover over the burn pot, my model had that and was the first thing to burn through. Overall great bang for your buck. I managed to get a free cover and 4 20lb bags of pellets when I bought mine. I was sold on the solid construction. I didn't alter the P settings much, if any. Enjoy your unit!!