Author Topic: Smoked Kirkland Master Carve Ham  (Read 878 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Smoked Kirkland Master Carve Ham
« Reply #-1 on: February 25, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »

While at Costco the other day my wife noticed that their Kirkland Master Carve Ham was due to be discontinued and was marked down from $2.29/lb to $0.97/lb. Needless to say we picked up 4 of these 10 pounders and slapped them in the freezer. You should see my freezer - stuffed with 3 10 pound hams, 3 14 lb turkeys, tri-tips, chicken, pork, etc. Not to mention all the vacuum sealed leftovers from a multitude of cooks. Since there is only the two of us at home now each cook provides lots of wonderful leftovers to enjoy at home and on the road in the RV. Last night, for example, we enjoyed ample portions of ham, vacuum sealed 6 meal portions of ham, and refrigerated a large pile of ham to graze on and use for omelets, salads, and sammies.

FYI ... If you see a * on a price tag when visiting Costco it means that that product is being discontinued. For example during the holiday season I stock up on parchment paper cause it gets discontinued till the following year. I'm thinking that the Kirkland Master Carve Ham will only be available for the holidays rather than year round - just a guess on my part cause those hams are really, really delicious.

For those of us who have enjoyed these Master Carve Hams we know that it's hard to beat these babies. Since I'm working hard to watch my daily carbohydrate numbers I'm always looking for side options. I've decided to add fresh broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower. Steamed some broccoli and served with a small green salad.

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline rwalters

« on: February 25, 2017, 04:22:06 PM »
Another beautiful cook! :)

Love double smoked ham!!!!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »
Those are really good hams . My guess is they will be gone before I make it to Costco
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Smoked Kirkland Master Carve Ham
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »
Drooling all over my kkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbbooooooooaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrdddddddd  :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Smoked Kirkland Master Carve Ham
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »
Pete,
That looks good!!  Unfortunately, we don't live close enough to a Costco to be a member.  I would have done the same as you, add to the larder in my freezer. 

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11