Author Topic: LEM 5 tray review (so far)  (Read 14650 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
LEM 5 tray review (so far)
« Reply #-1 on: March 09, 2017, 11:46:12 AM »
Started with jerky using Saber4's recipe cause it so good.   

LEM 5 tray dehydrator review starts off with 3.5 lbs of jerky for Kimmie.  :thumbup:

First impression is this thing is BIG, I don't recommend one if you don't have a good sized counter top because as the first picture shows you will need room for this thing.   Next, cleaning is a breeze since there is a lot of room inside the box to wipe down and the racks are dishwasher safe you just have to stack sideways because there WIDE and when standing up in the washer thy hit the wash arm/nozzle in a standard dishwasher.

Operation is straight forward with a temp knob that goes from 95-155 OR you can leave the temp at 0 and turn the fan on by it's self which I like.  Fan noise is not bad, you can hold a conversation on the phone while being near the unit.

If you look at some reviews they say the door is cheap or feels light weight and fear it wont hold up.  To me the door feels good not as strong maybe as it could be but if you use this dehydrator and don't get rough with the door it is a NONE ISSUE 

Well after cleaning the box and the racks I tossed in 3.5 lbs of beef loin top sirloin set the timer to 8 hrs and temp at 145 hit start and we were on our way.

Some 7 1/2 hrs later the jerky was finished and just right for Kimmie so I'm well pleased with the unit and couldn't believe the $$$$ I got it for.    Now there are better dehydrators out there but if your looking for one under 100 bucks I say act fast before they take these off their site for good.

So to sum up, bad thing is size (if you have no counter space)  but good things are numerous and I would buy another one in a heart beat especially at the $78.98 price where it was $149.99

I'll give it 4.5 stars out of 5 so far

[attachment deleted by admin]
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline hikerman

Re: LEM 5 tray review (so far)
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »
Looks great Tommy! I can't eat that now but I would love to for sure!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: LEM 5 tray review (so far)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:03:19 PM »
Looks great Tommy! I can't eat that now but I would love to for sure!
You could do turkey or chicken jerky, just a small piece so the salt wouln't be an issue for you.ll ups

And don't forget fruit roll ups! :thumbup:

Just glad your home now a hospital is nowhere to get better  ??? ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION