Author Topic: Santa Maria Style TriTip on the Kamado  (Read 2432 times)

Offline cgriller64

Re: Santa Maria Style TriTip on the Kamado
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »
That's one of the better looking tri tips i've seen on here! I know my tri tip, I live in the region and have done tons of them, it's my favorite. Well done sir!

Thank You. The wife and I have spent a good amount of time in the region and really enjoy it. Tri Tip is one of our favorites too. This version is as close to the real deal as I've been able to produce at home. I think that night we opened a bottle of Justin Cabernet to compliment the meal.

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 01:53:36 PM »
That meal brought me to tears...wow
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 04:09:05 PM »
Haha, I live in Paso Robles, home of Justin. They were bought out by the people who own Fiji water. Clear cut many, many acres of native oaks without permits and were trying to put in a huge pond as well. Not very well liked around these parts right now. They do make great wine though!
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear

Offline cgriller64

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 06:14:14 PM »
Haha, I live in Paso Robles, home of Justin. They were bought out by the people who own Fiji water. Clear cut many, many acres of native oaks without permits and were trying to put in a huge pond as well. Not very well liked around these parts right now. They do make great wine though!

Live in Paso Robles? You lucky dawg you. Absolutely love that area. Truly sorry to hear about the owners of Justin. Not sure I can continue to support them. Might have to let the wife know we have drank our last bottle of Isosceles.  :-X Fortunately there are many other Paso wineries to choose from.  :thumbup:

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:31 PM »
Yes, have lived here most of my life, well before most people wanted to be here! The Isosceles is excellent for sure. We were actually given a bottle not too long ago and drank it last weekend. Not one to let things go to waste! And yes, there are many a winery to choose from around here, many that are very good. If you're ever out this way you should let me know and maybe we could get together and BBQ something. Good job again on the tri tip, looked delicious!
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear