Author Topic: What a day.  (Read 4293 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: What a day.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 09:53:34 PM »
Knew you would go back to charcoal eventually Scott!

I scored those $2.99 Tri-tips last week too
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 10:25:38 AM »
Knew you would go back to charcoal eventually Scott!

I scored those $2.99 Tri-tips last week too

Yeah, I kept 4 bags of Kingsford. What I meant to convey in my other post, was that I was done searching for the perfect charcoal grill/smoker.......funds ran out and was a little jaded at some of my latest attempts. Kingsford is such a part of my DNA, I can't stay away for too long........I start shaking  ;)

Glad you grabbed those Tri Tips. Glad you got a Staters in the Antelope Valley...they pretty much rule the roost in the Inland Empire.......you have to look long and hard for a Vons or Ralphs or Albertsons.......yet it seems like there is a Staters on every corner down here :thumbup:
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

What a day.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 11:16:30 AM »
Send Staters to Minnesota
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »
Send Staters to Minnesota

sure wish they would Pappy. All their beef is choice and they outstanding sales weekly.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 09:11:17 PM »
good for you I love charcoal also
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »

We have the PK and the PBC for charcoal.  Our Blackstone griddle rusted out. Those 3 mountain winters with it covered in snow sure sped up its ageing process  :(

We are waiting for the summer sales for a small electric smoker, so we can come home to some smoked grub when out on the road. Nothing fancy, MES usually are priced pretty low for the sales.......

Hopefully later this year we can grab another flat top grill because they sure are a bunch of fun to cook on and we used ours a bunch.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pappymn

What a day.
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »

We have the PK and the PBC for charcoal.  Our Blackstone griddle rusted out. Those 3 mountain winters with it covered in snow sure sped up its ageing process  :(

We are waiting for the summer sales for a small electric smoker, so we can come home to some smoked grub when out on the road. Nothing fancy, MES usually are priced pretty low for the sales.......

Hopefully later this year we can grab another flat top grill because they sure are a bunch of fun to cook on and we used ours a bunch.
Gonna get another griddle?
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 11:17:33 PM »

Gonna get another griddle?

Later this year for sure. I used our Blackstone at least 3 times a week....I sure miss it.....
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »
I have been using gas the last 15 years as my kids were young but I am returning to my 18.5 Weber more in the last couple of years.

As far as the griddle for $69.00 the sizzle-Q was a good deal for me in that I can use it on my tailgate gasser or my Home gasser.

Sounds like you have a good plan....
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Kora Smoker

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 07:40:38 PM »
Very nice cook, Smoke.. How ya doing buddy? Haven't been here in a while, but I'm back now.. Moral of the story, don't believe Smoke when he says he's not going back to charcoal  ;D
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26 kettle
Rec Tec 680
Gabby's Grill Santa Maria add on for weber kettle 26 inch
Gateway Drum Smoker

Offline 70monte

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 12:18:48 AM »

Didn't you just recently buy an Open Range Patio Jr.?
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
 Awesome birthday !  Glad things are improving too..   
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »

I picked it up at an estate sale. I work for them from time to time. I worked the entire sale for it for payment. I sold it for some needed funds.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline 70monte

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »

I picked it up at an estate sale. I work for them from time to time. I worked the entire sale for it for payment. I sold it for some needed funds.
I see.  I thought I saw on FB that you had bought it but then I never saw mention of it again.  I thought maybe I was seeing things. LOL.  Enjoy your new PBC.  I have not used mine in quite a while.  I guess I need to get it out at some point.
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »

I see.  I thought I saw on FB that you had bought it but then I never saw mention of it again.  I thought maybe I was seeing things. LOL.  Enjoy your new PBC.  I have not used mine in quite a while.  I guess I need to get it out at some point.

It still had the Made in the USA label tied to it. They found it while setting up the sale inside the smoking chamber and had it re-tied to the handle. It is amazing some of the old ques we find at these sales.

There was an old vintage gasser that I really wanted but it was hooked up to natural gas through the house so we couldn't sell it...............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven