Author Topic: Pork Butt  (Read 497 times)

Offline GunSlinger

Pork Butt
« Reply #-1 on: May 04, 2017, 11:27:02 PM »
Howdy All -

Got this pork butt today from Costco; 7-8lb range. I injected it with a mixture of Hansen's peach nectar, water and Butcher's Block Pork injection. Then coated the outside with molasses and finally dusted it with Fine Swine & Bovine dry rub. I spritzed the outside with some of the Hansen's, water and apple cider vinegar about every 1.5 hours.

When the temp hit 155, I spritzed the butt real good before wrapping in pink butcher paper. I started at 1pm this afternoon so I still got a ways to go. I will pull at 195, and let sit for 2 hours before I start shredding. This butt is for a work potluck tomorrow and I have to be on duty at 0530. Looks like I won't be getting much sleep tonight or tomorrow  :P

Then I have "Cinco de Drink-O" to prepare for...more to come on that but a different post!  ;)

Brinkmann Smoke N'Grill
MES 30" x2
GMG Jim Bowie (sold)
Blaz'n Grill GridIron Pro
ThermoWorks ChefAlarm, ThermoPop & Smoke
Grill Grates
AMPS (5x8)
Qmatz
DG Downdraft Mod
Beast Injector
Malcom Reed BDI Injector

Offline ClimberDave

Re: Pork Butt
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
Mmmm bet that's gonna be great.  Never injected a butt before,  might have to give it a try next time.   :thumbup:
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Pork Butt
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:54:46 AM »
Good looking butt!

I have injected butts in the past and works well, but found (for me) when using my SRG's it's better to add apple cider mix at the time of sealing up in vacuum bags. 

But again that's the best for me, because Kimmie likes infrared butts best  ;)   So as long as she is happy  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION